When do you quit eating at night?

Beyl689
on 2/6/14 2:38 am - Gonzales, LA
RNY on 07/11/13

How early before bed do you quit eating?! 

gtrdyfor50
on 2/6/14 2:57 am
RNY on 10/08/13
I have a night time snack, usually 1/3 c of roasted chickpeas, at 9 and then I go to bed at 10.

PetHairMagnet
on 2/6/14 2:58 am
RNY on 05/13/13

If I am low on protein for the day, I might have something 30 or 45 minutes before I plan to turn out the light, but I'm talking 1/2 a Quest bar, 1/4 cup of crab legs or shrimp-not 'full volume' food (I am allowed 1/2 a cup, still can't quite get that in) but if I want more of a true snack like string cheese or 10 almonds, I'll have that 90ish minutes before bed typically. 

My goal is to drink 24 oz of water the last 30 minutes before bed, so I do try not to eat before bed because then I either have to stay up later OR I have to skip tha****er and end up with only 10 glasses a day and that equals a backup in the potty turnpike for me, Miralax or not. 

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

H.A.L.A B.
on 2/6/14 3:10 am

sometimes I eat while in bed... justbefore I fell asleep.. but only because I deal with low BS issue and many times i need LNSjust before bed to make sure my BS does not drop at night.  I have container of nuts and nut butter + chocolate by my bed - for mid of the night BS drops. 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

poet_kelly
on 2/6/14 3:11 am - OH

I usually eat a protein snack right before bed.  Helps prevent my blood sugar from dropping during the night so I don't wake up drenched in sweat, all shakey and icky feeling.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

BrandNewMe2014
on 2/6/14 3:30 am

Oh MY GOODNESS!  Unheard of!  Even with my band completely unfilled I have to eat hours before I got to sleep or I will most assuredly have reflux.  Whoopeee! I can't wait to be rid of this damn thing!  I am not a late night eater or snacker but when you meet friends for dinner and your ONLY option is an early bird special it's just embarrassing!

Lapband 2004 103 lbs lost reflux, weight regain - Revision to RNY Feb 25th 2014

lgma
on 2/6/14 3:48 am - Pilot Point, TX
bkm2014, just a few words of encouragement! Two weeks ago I had revision surgery vsg to rny and I love it! No reflux!!! Good luck!
BrandNewMe2014
on 2/6/14 3:54 am

Thanks, I am getting so excited, I can hardly wait and this just makes it all the more wonderful!

tdbull
on 2/6/14 9:10 am - WA
RNY on 08/13/13
I haven't had 1 reflux episode since I had my revision surgery. It's wonderful - I remember always feeling like I had food in my throat and if I ate 3 hrs before bed, I would still wake up with yuck in my throat and mouth. Disgusting. RNY is so much better. I now eat a light protein snack about 1 hour before bed and have no problems at all. Don't miss my crap band at all.

Lapband surgery in 2009 -  Revision to RNY August 13, 2013 with gallbladder removal.

HW - (260)   SW - (197)   GW - (135), updated on 1-2-14 to 125lbs  HT 5'5"  Goal reached 3/2/14-revised goal to 120 on 3/9/14   reached 4/6/14             

BrandNewMe2014
on 2/6/14 9:39 am

I am doing the happy dance!!! February 25th can't get here fast enough! Thank you so much.  This really did make me happy! 

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 430 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 386 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 307 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 428 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?