Protein coffee?

changingmomma
on 2/7/14 5:09 am

I see a lot of you make "protein coffee" in the morning. I'm assuming it's just protein powder in your coffee. However, when I do that i can never dissolve the protein powder. Any tips or tricks? 

TIA

cajungirl
on 2/7/14 5:25 am

It will make a mess if the protein powder is poured into the hot coffee.  Here's how I do it.....mix your protein powder with water/milk (your preference) and mix it into a pasty slush.  Pour your cup of coffee and slowly add the protien mixture into the hot coffee.  Some people allow the coffee to cool a little before adding, I don't I like mine hot.  As long as my protein is thin and mixed well with a cool liquid and slowly added I've had no problems.

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

poet_kelly
on 2/7/14 7:49 am - OH

Yep.  Mix the protein powder with a couple ounces milk or room temp water until it forms a smooth paste, then stir that paste into your hot coffee.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Justcallmesuz
on 2/7/14 8:59 am, edited 2/7/14 8:59 am
RNY on 05/08/13

I have an iced protein coffee every morning. I make 8oz of coffee each night and stick it in the fridge. In the morning in a shaker bottle I add the coffee, 4 oz milk, a little SF creamer and my protein, shake and pour over ice. Yum!

HW~278

CW~131

GW~160

Sherrie P.
on 2/7/14 10:22 am
RNY on 02/06/13

Click also makes coffee flavored protein that many rave about.  I don't like it ... but I haven't met a protein shake that I do like.

Revision Lapband to RNY 2-6-2013   HW: 286  Pre-Op Diet: 277  Surgery Day: 265  Goal: 155  CW: 155

Plastic surgery 8/28/2014: Brachioplasty, mastopexy, & abdominoplasty.

Plastic surgery 1/27/2015: Butt Lift

65rosesmom
on 2/7/14 11:58 am

I put a little skim milk in my hot coffee first to cool it down a bit, then I add a scoop of protein and use a hand wisk to mix it in.  works pretty well for me.

Heather   Mom to 3  
Surgery August 9, 2012
HW = 225, SW= 205, CW 135 

MickeyDee
on 2/7/14 2:35 pm

I haven't found a way to have a hot protein coffee drink, so I use Nesquik NoSugar Added Hot Cocoa mix, along with a scoop of nf dried milk and a heaping tablespoon of instant coffee (a dark blend).  It's not really high in protein (only about 8-10 grams) but it is a hot drink rather than a luke-warm one.

I use the Syntrax Nectar Cappuccino for a protein drink that tastes like iced coffee which gives me about 25 grams of protein.

Chris N.
on 2/7/14 10:39 pm
RNY on 02/11/14

I noticed that on some protein powders that clumping (or re-clumpling..is that even a word?) can occur if the temp of the liquid is above 140 deg. 

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 212 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 257 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 304 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 266 views