Confused

Beyl689
on 2/10/14 4:10 am - Gonzales, LA
RNY on 07/11/13

I've posted before on here about this issue but I'm just totally baffled. I am 7 months out, have lost 140 lbs and I have just totally stopped losing anything. All I eat are protein and veggies. And drink water and some coffee.  I eat about 800 calories a day and I'm just at a dead stop. I know I shouldn't worry about what the scale says but I just weighed and I'm up like 6 lbs. it's just making me really anxious and making me want to eat. What am I doing wrong?

danslillady
on 2/10/14 4:20 am

I don't think you are doing anything wrong! I'm sure your body is just adjusting! You've lost 140 lbs!!! In 7 months!!! Why does that make you anxious?!?! Time to reevaluate your relationship to the scale. It's an inanimate object that can't tell you a single thing about yourself!

listen, beautiful girl, your body has been through ALOT these last 7 months, time to give it a little TLC! Get a massage or something! Keep doing what you are doing and cut yourself some slack!!!

HW: 274 SW: 241  CW: 149 --- 5'6 (Surgery date 11/26/2013)

poet_kelly
on 2/10/14 4:27 am - OH

Well, you're probably not getting enough calories.  But I don't think that is likely to be causing your stall.  Stalls are just normal.  STay off the scale for a while.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

PetHairMagnet
on 2/10/14 4:33 am
RNY on 05/13/13

You are rocking the loss, I'd think you are just in a stall. They do happen and WOWZA--what awesome numbers you are posting!

What does your nutritionist say?

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

Beyl689
on 2/10/14 4:36 am - Gonzales, LA
RNY on 07/11/13

I called her the other day just to touch base and she says that she thinks I've gone into maintenance and that maybe I should add a whole grain into my diet. I'm not sure if I agree with that so I'm just sticking to what I've been doing. 

poet_kelly
on 2/10/14 4:40 am - OH

It would be unusual to stop losing and start maintaining at just seven months post op.  Do you want to stop losing?  Most people lose for at least a year, many for a year in a half or longer.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

chulbert
on 2/10/14 4:42 am - Rochester, NY
RNY on 01/21/13

How long has your weight remained the same?  It's extraordinarily unlikely that you can maintain your weight on 800 calories per day for any substantial length of time.  I would say you either need to wait it out a little longer or double-check your food journal to verify that's all you're eating.

Best wishes!

Beyl689
on 2/10/14 5:13 am - Gonzales, LA
RNY on 07/11/13

I have been at a standstill since the end of January. I still want to lose more weight. 

chulbert
on 2/10/14 5:16 am - Rochester, NY
RNY on 01/21/13

So a couple weeks?  Perfectly common.  I understand it's frustrating but you just need to stick to the path.  :)

Beyl689
on 2/10/14 5:23 am - Gonzales, LA
RNY on 07/11/13

So 6+ weeks is normal for a stall? Should I change my diet up or increase/decrease calories or anything?

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 430 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 386 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 306 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 428 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 306 views