Perceptions of Beauty

JustCK
on 2/14/14 1:32 am

I told my boyfriend last week that for the first time since high school, I looked in the mirror and I liked what I saw from top to bottom. I mean, I always thought I was pretty in the face but too thick in the waist! And it's not that now because I've lost over 80lbs that I think smaller is prettier, but now I can see More of Me when I have Less of Me lol Kind of funny when you put it that way. And it's that when people look at me, I'm less paranoid that they're just seeing 'fat' and more that they're just seeing Cami. It's still a challenge though that when I'm out and people look at me my first thought is 'they're judging me, they're thinking how big she is'; which isn't always the case. I'm pretty and I smile and people like to look at pretty happy people! Or it can be the fact that I'm not sending out negative vibes about myself anymore. Anyone else having these new self-perceptions?

TXKashmir
on 2/14/14 1:41 am - Grand Prairie, TX

Cami, I loved reading your post! I am of the mindset that if you are a beautiful person, you will be beautiful no matter what size you are, and if you are plain, you will be plain no matter what size you are.

Sadly, there is such a stigma on weight in our society that the beautiful overweight folks (such as yourself) have a hard time recognizing their beauty until they lose weight.

On the flip side, the plain overweight people (such as myself) think that we will magically become beautiful simply by losing weight. I found out the hard way that I'm still the same gal, just smaller - lol!

I'm so happy to read of your success - keep workin' it, girl!

Debbie
Keeping track of my progress without a scale...Starting size: 28-Current size: 6-Goal size: 14

sand SAND...it's not a club...it's a frame of mind...

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 469 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 428 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 360 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 444 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 360 views