desperate for information - gallbladder

ktharp89
on 2/25/14 10:01 am - Gaithersburg, MD

Hi everyone. I haven't bern arrived in a while. I had surgery three years ago and I've been talking to my primary doctor about this but it's late at night and there's nobody I can get in contact with right now so I just wanted to post here and see if any of you have any experience with this.I think something is wrong with my gallbladder. Everything seems to point to that. I am burping nonstop and it isn't just a little bit but it is all the time. I wake up and I'm burping and it hurts whenever I eat or drink I burp. This was not something that started at right after my surgery. It just started about a month ago and it's getting worse and worse and more painful. I have a lot of air in my body and I can tell somethings wrong. Under my room right rib cage it hurts and there's a lot of pressure and some of my incision place and my back hurts.today I had an ultrasound and apparently my gallbladder looks fine but it's just too hard to believe. Could something be wrong involving the surgery? Even know it was 3 years ago?I told the Dr that I want to figure this out because my husband and I want to start trying to have a baby and I don't want to have to have surgery after we get pregnant.I know this is a lot to post about but I just figured maybe you had trouble with your gallbladder or have some information about it or can share personal experiences.my Dr just keeps giving me powerful and acids but that seems silly because this just started a month ago. My diet has not changed in a month. Okay I'm going to stop rambling now and thanks to anyone *****ad this.

Height - 5'8  - SW - 292/ CW - 177.6 /GW - 150 - BMI - 27.1 - 114.4 lbs lost!
"The fishermen know that the sea is dangerous and the storm terrible, but they have never found these dangers sufficient reason for remaining ashore" Vincent Van Gogh
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

alaskasusan
on 2/25/14 11:30 am - AK
RNY on 02/11/13

You might want to check with your surgeon if you think it could be related to your surgery, but you don't seem to have gallbladder-type symptoms.  The pains from gallbladder attacks are dreadfully bad, much worse for me than labor at its most intense.  It can come in waves and stay for up to many hours at a time.  What you describe sounds different, possibly gas? And I know that type of thing can be painful too, but the burping makes me think of that.  I see the dr. gave you antacids, have you tried the gas-x strips or similar?  Sorry, I do hope you get an answer and relief soon!!

MrsLitch
on 2/25/14 10:57 pm - Morris, IL
RNY on 06/04/12

Doesn't sound like gallbladder to me. Have they checked for a hernia? sometimes a hernia will press against things causing acid reflux and it would account for the pressure you are feeling. While some are painful not all are.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

5' 3" - HW: 244 SW:234  GW:120 LW: 107 CW:110 Made goal 3/16/13!    

H.A.L.A B.
on 2/26/14 6:34 am

It can be GB or hernia, or parasites or adhesions, or even ulcers.. 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 449 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 405 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 337 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 435 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 337 views