EFMP

evabiggilall
on 3/10/14 12:14 am - TX
RNY on 10/31/12

Hi everyone:)

I am trying to find out if anyone here is a spouse and active duty in the Air Force? Are you enrolled in the EFMP??  If so have you been denied for an assignment??  We just got orders to Cannon AFB in Clovis New Mexico.  I am not enrolled in EFMP and am wondering if I should be?  I don't think there is follow up care at Cannon!  Any info on the EFMP would be greatly appreciated! Thanks:)

RNY October 31, 2012.  

danslillady
on 3/10/14 3:22 am

I don't think you would qualify for EFMP for weight loss surgery as it is elective surgery and you can receive follow up care from a PCP.  My almost 2 year old is EFMP for developmental delays and as a result of prematurity.  I know that the program is helpful for some things but I find it to be a thorn in my side from time to time.  Do know that if you do somehow qualify for EFMP, they can send your spouse to the assignment without the family.  I have not personally seen it happen, but it can happen.  You need to call your EFMP office to see if you qualify, but I would highly doubt it.

HW: 274 SW: 241  CW: 149 --- 5'6 (Surgery date 11/26/2013)

Day_dream_believer
on 3/10/14 5:50 am

I agree. I am not sure you qualify. Even if the base doesn't have follow up care they can refer you out in town. 

Justcallmesuz
on 3/10/14 9:50 am
RNY on 05/08/13

Weight loss surgery would not qualify you for EFMP. I have two children on it, epilepsy and severe asthma. I'm on it due to Ovarian cancer.  

HW~278

CW~131

GW~160

abrannume
on 3/10/14 11:45 pm - willingboro, NJ
RNY on 04/04/12

You can find information on Military OneSource about the EFMP also.

evabiggilall
on 3/19/14 1:15 am - TX
RNY on 10/31/12

Good morning

I just wanted to let you know that having had weight loss surgery DOES qualify you to be in EFMP.  I have had a meeting with the medical board and they approved me! I am enrolled in EFMP.  I just wanted to let you know.  

RNY October 31, 2012.  

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 290 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 216 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 283 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 145 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?