I dont vitamin but

poet_kelly
on 3/17/14 8:35 pm - OH

It's not possible.

What's your vitamin D level?  Your B12 level? Your vitamin A level?  Your PTH?  And how was your most recent bone density scan?

And why on earth aren't you taking vitamins?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

bambif
on 3/17/14 11:25 pm - Kansas City, MO

Hi, I had RNY surgery in 2005, I also am laxed on taking my vitamins.  I just got out of the habit honestly.  But like you, all my labs are normal as well.  Except, here at home, I can tell that my hair is falling out more.  So, just today, I ordered the vitamins I need and I am going to get back on track...with everything!  Vitamins, protein, and eating healthy!  I have seriously gone off the deep end.  

Please don't wait as long as I did.  I can tell something is off, that is why I am recommitting myself!  

poet_kelly
on 3/18/14 12:47 am - OH

If your hair is falling out due to not taking vitamins, then your labs are not all normal.  Did you get a complete set of labs?  what was your zinc level?  Selenium?

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

bambif
on 3/18/14 10:50 pm - Kansas City, MO

Hi Kelly, I don't know exactly.  I am going in a couple of weeks to get a full panel done.  I was told by the doctor that all my labs were in normal range, but they didn't give me a copy of my blood work.  I just had surgery, and my PCP said that I need my liver enzymes to get back to normal after surgery before running a full panel.  But I know that if my hair is coming out, something isn't right, so that's why I want a full panel ran.  Knock on wood that I have been ok up until now.  I have seriously slacked on everything WLS wise.  So, I know that I need to get back on track and do what I am suppose to be doing.  I think as the time flew by, I lost track on what I am suppose to be doing and I am here to fix that.  

poet_kelly
on 3/18/14 10:51 pm - OH

So if you didn't have a full panel of labs done, you don't know that your labs are all normal.

bambif
on 3/19/14 8:58 am - Kansas City, MO

No, I don't know if all my levels are normal.  But the ones that she went over with me were all normal.  I can't remember all, but the ones I asked about were all in normal range.  The ones that you asked about, I have no clue, that's why I am having a full panel done soon.  

poet_kelly
on 3/19/14 10:25 am - OH

See, this is what usually seems to be the case when someone says, "Oh I don't vitamins but my labs are all good."  It's also usually the case when someone takes gummy vitamins or Flintstones or something else that is missing a lot of important nutrients.  They get a few labs done, but not a full panel, and they few they get done are OK.  But that doesn't really mean their labs are all good.

If I tell you that my kitchen is really clean, that does not mean my whole house is clean, right?  I wi**** did.  But sorry, no.

Grim_Traveller
on 3/19/14 11:16 am
RNY on 08/21/12

And what they do have done are really basic CBC and lipid panel maybe, but none of the actual vitamin and mineral tests. Yay, my platelets and cholesterol are in the normal range!

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

bambif
on 3/19/14 12:27 pm - Kansas City, MO

And I never said that did I?  Did I say that my whole panel is good to go?  or did I say I am going in for a full blood work because I didn't get the whole thing done?  Oh, and no, never took the Flintstones or gummy vitamins.  I know what I am suppose to be taking....it's just taken a few years for my hair to start thinning out to make me realize that I need to change and get back into the proper routine.  Hence, me stating in my very first post that I am having a full blood panel done because I don't know if all my levels are normal.  

Please don't put words in my mouth.  I know something is not right, that's why I am getting a full blood work up done soon.  I was trying to encourage the OP to get back on track and get her vitamins taken like we all should be doing.  The reason why I had some blood work done and know that those levels are ok, is because I had to go to the ER awhile back for my gall bladder.  I will be sure to update you on my levels once I get the results back.  Then you can tell me if my levels are good or not.  Thanks

MyLady Heidi
on 3/19/14 12:42 pm

Omg Bambi it's you!!!  Haven't seen you around here in forever.  

As for the hair thing how is your protein, that makes your hair fall out if you aren't getting enough.  Eating super healthy and you can avoid taking tons of vitamins.  I take only a few and am very healthy with perfect labs.

Hope you are well!

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 55 replies · 485 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 412 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 399 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 25 replies · 342 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 176 views