I dont vitamin but

bambif
on 3/20/14 6:53 am - Kansas City, MO

Howdy Stranger!  I haven't been around in ages.  haha.  I came back to look around and get back on track.  I have been really bad with everything.  I needed the kick in the butt to start doing all the right stuff!!!  I am not sure on the protein, it's probably a lot of things combined to making my hair fall out.  Lack of taking my vitamins, lack of enough protein.  I got my vitamin order in the mail today, already had my morning dose.  So, hopefully taking these new vitamins will help me out.  

So, how are you?  All is great here.  I am about to graduate with college!  I will be finished in July.  I am excited to start a new chapter in life!  

bambif
on 3/19/14 12:47 pm - Kansas City, MO

Ok, after rereading some of the comments and figuring out how to look at the OP's other posts....I see that many of you have replied to her in the past and she doesn't seem to be taking this seriously.  

I for one, even though it wasn't my OP am taking your advice to heart and getting back on track.  In one of her other posts, Kelly, I believe you gave her a break down on what can happen if you don't take your vitamins.  Scary stuff.  I am so glad that I am not experiencing any of what you said, besides the losing hair.  But it's enough to make one realize that vitamins aren't to be played around with...or skipped I should say.  

Thanks for the encouragement.  I will still keep ya posted on my labs once I get the results.  

Miss Liss
on 3/19/14 11:22 pm

I noticed you said you just had a surgery.  That could be one reason your hair is falling out.  Every single time I have surgery, my hair falls out for about 3 or 4 months afterwards.  Make sure you are getting extra protein in every day for sure.  You do need to get back on track taking your vitamins and such, but your sudden hair loss may be more related to the fact you just had surgery. Glad to see you back and good luck getting back into the swing of things.   Don't want to mess around with those vitamins.  The consequences of not taking them after having RNY can be really detrimental. 

Cathy W.
on 3/20/14 7:00 am

If you don't take vitamins, it will catch up with you.  I promise.

I'm 13 years post-op and have been compliant with my vitamins since I had my surgery.  For the past two years, I've had problems with my calcium and am currently struggling with anemia.  My point is that I've been extremely compliant and this far out I'm having problems.

In my opinion, whenever we have surgery, we make the commitment to regularly take our vitamins.  You took the step to have WLS but none of us cross the finish line as far as not having to take care of our health long-term.

Get a daily storage container that has 7 compartments and you put your vitamins in them.  Make sure by the end of the day that the compartment for that day is empty. 

Take your vitamins daily - start today.

Most Active
Recent Topics