Pre op diet

Thinknthin
on 3/26/14 9:48 pm

11 more days of this and I have realized I really don't like chocolate protien shakes, I thought I would since I love Atkins shakes, but my cheapness bought what was on sale (pre made premium protien and slim fast) slim fast I can get down a little easier but premium is gagging me so bad but it has 30 grams of protien. 

Any suggestions on good tasting protien both pre made better and powder? 

JJ0609
on 3/26/14 10:11 pm

If you want premade or rtg (ready to go) try Six Star Pro Nutrition French Vanilla or Chocolate or Muscle Milk Banana Crème, Mint Chocolate Overload, Strawberry, French Vanilla, Cookies and Crème. Both can be found at Wal-Mart though not all flavors of Muscle Milk. The other flavors can be found at Shell Mart convenience stores all ready chilled. You pay more for them there but that is the place I found them. Good luck.

“Let someone love you just the way you are – as flawed as you might be, as unattractive as you sometimes feel, and as unaccomplished as you think you are. To believe that you must hide all the parts of you that are broken, out of fear that someone else is incapable of loving what is less than perfect, is to believe that sunlight is incapable of entering a broken window and illuminating a dark room.”― Marc Hack

Ht:5'4 SW:268 CW:127.2 GW:125 RNY 06/09 Stomach/colon revision 11/13  

Louise1974
on 3/26/14 11:27 pm

I HATE pre-made shakes, they are really hard for me to get down.  But some of the powdered stuff tastes like milkshakes to me.  When I am tight for money I get the chocolate or vanilla from walmart, the Body Fortress.  I blend it with lots of ice and water.  Not bad.  Not fabulous either but good enough.  If I have a bit more money I will go to the health food store and get unflavored protein powder, I usually get Whey To Go.  With the unflavored you can make your own, I add a really good quality unsweetened cocoa powder and splenda with vanilla extract, along with lots of ice and water.  Or just vanilla exxtract and splenda, maybe with some pumpkin pie spice.  You can also get sugar free syrups, I just saw a sugar free salted caramel.  Yum.  If I want a treat I will order Nectar's Vanilla Bean Torte.  It is really awesome.  Better than my homemade vanilla which is amazing because I use really good vanilla extract.  I have only tried the vanilla but I bet the others are good too.  I don't know if you have been to the Vitalady site but it is a great resource and she sells sample packets of all the protein powders she sells.  You will probably be using protein shakes a while post op so it might be a good idea to try a few and find one you like.  Good luck!  You can do it!!

http://www.vitalady.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?preadd=action&key=3329X002

alaskasusan
on 3/27/14 2:53 pm - AK
RNY on 02/11/13

I still like to have a protein shake in the morning to increase my total - I still don't eat much at a time and mornings it's hard for me to eat anything.  But I find a plain shake too cloying so have come up with a few tweaks to make them not only palatable but pretty darn tasty.  This morning I put 8 oz of water in my blender cup, into the freezer to partially freeze it for about 90 min. because I don't like ice chunks - this makes it very cold but not solid... then I added to the cold cup of water: a splash each of 2 SF Torini syrups: German Chocolate Cake and Coconut. Added about a teaspoon of powdered peanut butter and a teaspoon of SF cheesecake pudding, and a teaspoon of chia seeds.  Then one scoop each of chocolate and vanilla Chike protein powder. Put the blender cap on and shook it a bit to moisten everything, then zapped it on the Bullet for 30 seconds.   I know the syrup and pudding are not all-natural ingredients but it gets it tasting good and I have a start on that all-important protein. It's the ONLY thing I ingest that is not 100% natural, and it sound like a lot of work but the layered flavors make it much better.  I think that is what makes it work, layering the flavors til you find what works ~

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 467 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 427 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 358 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 441 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 358 views