gaining weight

Stacy H.
on 4/1/14 5:39 am - Highland, CA
RNY on 12/04/09 with

Hello, I am alittle over 4 years out and gaining weight.  I am always hungry especially at night and drinking and getting my protein in.  Sometimes I feel like I never had surgery.   Part is head hunger but mostly HUNGRY, is anyone else going or have gone through this???  Still haven't gotten down to goal.  HELP PLEASE

JenniPenny
on 4/1/14 5:59 am - MN

Make sure your meals and snacks are protein. Carbs - breads, crackers, etc will make you crave more carbs. Eat and drink on a schedule. See if you can't fill up on more dense protein and get rid of the

feeling you need to eat. Are you exercising to burn off what you are taking in? Water and exercise are very important. If head hunger is constant or can't fix it with diet alone, do you see therapist for

eating disorder or issues? There are medications now for OCD that take care of those with constant hunger issues that aren't diet related. many need a little extra help. This is hard enough without

depression, ocd or other things getting in the way of success. Log your food for a couple days - everything you eat and drink. Evaluate where you need to make changes if you've fallen back on bad

habits like a lot of posties have. check with your doc and see if they have any answers or support group you could attend for extra help. Hang in there.

jen 12+yrs post op rNY

White Dove
on 4/1/14 6:03 am - Warren, OH

Try tracking everything.  Protein, fat, calories, fiber.  Don't drink your protein, use lean meat instead.

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 4/1/14 10:54 am - OH

Track your food for a week or so.  You may find that you are eating too many carbs  (which many people -- myself included -- find increases hunger (or cravings) or both).

Try to eat as much dense protein as possible and limit soft "slider" foods. If you have started drinking with meals again, go back to waiting 30 minutes after a meal.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Marilyn101
on 4/1/14 12:40 pm - FL

This month marks my 3 year WL.. anniversary I have gained 22 lbs from my lowest weight. I am  working on losing the weight by restarting what I stopped doing, working out being the first on the list. The fact that you are aware and wanting help should tell you that you will succeed and get back on track.. Good luck..

JJ0609
on 4/1/14 10:16 pm

Ask yourself : Have I been more lax with what or how much I have been eating? Have I been keeping track of all my food and drink intake? Have I been exercising regularly? How many calories am I taking in?

Since you are hungry at night space your meals and snacks out so you can have a snack at night. Head hunger is the worst for me. I rarely know what hungry is because I try to eat on schedule so I do not get hungry. Maybe you can schedule your meals so you always know you will be eating at a certain time. I hope this helps you through this phase. Just pull the reigns in tighter and you will get back on track and begin losing again.    

“Let someone love you just the way you are – as flawed as you might be, as unattractive as you sometimes feel, and as unaccomplished as you think you are. To believe that you must hide all the parts of you that are broken, out of fear that someone else is incapable of loving what is less than perfect, is to believe that sunlight is incapable of entering a broken window and illuminating a dark room.”― Marc Hack

Ht:5'4 SW:268 CW:127.2 GW:125 RNY 06/09 Stomach/colon revision 11/13  

Stacy H.
on 4/1/14 11:13 pm - Highland, CA
RNY on 12/04/09 with

Thanks for the good advice,,,,,

tdbull
on 4/1/14 11:08 pm - WA
RNY on 08/13/13
Aw. Gaining weight is my greatest fear. I would suggest using an app like Myfitnesspal to track every morsel you eat, which will also feel you how much fat, carbs and protein you're taking in. It also tracks your liquids and exercise. I never eat back my exercise calories tho. It's going to be tough, but you tool is waiting for you to use it the way it was intended. Best of luck to you.

Lapband surgery in 2009 -  Revision to RNY August 13, 2013 with gallbladder removal.

HW - (260)   SW - (197)   GW - (135), updated on 1-2-14 to 125lbs  HT 5'5"  Goal reached 3/2/14-revised goal to 120 on 3/9/14   reached 4/6/14