One year out

Losingitall01
on 4/2/14 12:05 am

I'm almost exactly one year out from my surgery and have not lost all my weight, yet.  As a matter of fact, I've gotten into some bad habits and have stayed the same for about 5 months. 

I stopped coming to this site, stopped following my plan, stopped exercising - stopped losing.

For all the newbies out there - don't do what I'm doing - the surgery works, if you use the tools available to you and if you follow the plan.  Try to keep the excitement and commitment for as long as you can.

Thanks for letting me rant!!!

JJ0609
on 4/2/14 12:12 am

I hope you tighten the reigns and start back tracking your food, drink, and caloric intake and start exercising again. We are here to support you too! You can do this!

“Let someone love you just the way you are – as flawed as you might be, as unattractive as you sometimes feel, and as unaccomplished as you think you are. To believe that you must hide all the parts of you that are broken, out of fear that someone else is incapable of loving what is less than perfect, is to believe that sunlight is incapable of entering a broken window and illuminating a dark room.”― Marc Hack

Ht:5'4 SW:268 CW:127.2 GW:125 RNY 06/09 Stomach/colon revision 11/13  

karenp8
on 4/2/14 12:56 am - Brighton, IL

At least you know where you have gotten off track. You can lose the rest of your weight if you set your mind to follow your plan to a t and get on track with exercise. Keep coming back here to keep yourself accountable and you can do this!

AlohaJen
on 4/2/14 2:33 am
RNY on 09/05/12

I feel your pain too..... my starting weight was 287 and I weighed 258 the day of surgery, I had to lose 10% of my starting weight.  I now weigh 189 and I have been here bobbing with about a 2-3 pound window for the last 4-5 months.  I only exercise once a week, but I do try to stay at or around 1200 calories daily.  My prob is I do not get all of my protein in everyday, I average about 50 sometimes 70 grams a day..... am I doomed?  My surgery was Sept of 2012, so I am 18 months out.  Do you think my window for losing is gone forever?????

HW 304   SW 258  CW 199  GW  160?

siberiancat
on 4/2/14 4:22 am - COLUMBIA CITY, IN

What works for me is keeping a daily food diary.  I did it daily for the first 2 years and then for a few months every year since.  I've keep a daily food diary since Jan 2014.  I write the food, calories, grams of carbs, grams of protein and ounces of fluid.  When I keep a food diary - I find I am "mindfully aware" of putting something in my mouth if I'm writing it down!  I read ingredient labels and become "once again" aware of high calorie/low nutrient foods.  I find I eat protein first, then veggies/fruit and my little pouch has no room left.

As an old Weigh****cher veteran - counting just calories does not work for me.  I can eat unhealthy food and stay at a certain calorie level.  When I'm counting grams of carbs & protein it is harder to cheat the numbers.  I aim for under 100 gm of carbs and 80-100 grams of protein daily.  I eat little processed food, no fast food, gluten free, no colas, mostly no GMO and organic foods.  That is what works for me.

I also get books to read on nutrition or behavior/cognitive (thinking) books to get my mind in gear.  Read bariatric blogs or Obesity Help to keep you remembering you will always be a bariatric patient.  When you've been at goal for a couple of years (like I have) it is easy to forget that my GI system is not normal.  I have to eat differently and take supplements for life.

I also get on the scales every morning - that way I notice a trend UP and get on top of it before it becomes 10 pounds or more.

Best wishes, Penny

Penny
Highest Weight 255  * Wt loss includes 19 lb lost before surgery

dragonlove
on 4/2/14 5:11 am
RNY on 11/20/13

Come on!  Get back on that horse.... you know what's gone wrong and you seem like you have the attitude to change things.  You can get back on track if you set your mind to it.

It is great that you recognize the issues and are taking responsibility.  Now, jump to it and let us cheer your success!!

Pam (RNY: 11/20/2013)

Losingitall01
on 4/2/14 5:20 am

Thanks, all of you, for your support....this is what I've been missing.  I'll keep you posted on my journey.

Back on track for me!!

Most Active
Recent Topics