Need some advice on how to get back on track...

poet_kelly
on 4/10/14 5:16 am - OH

It's not necessarily easy to do, I know.  But it's simple.  There's no big fancy tricky secret.  If it was easy, well, none of us would have needed surgery in the first place, I bet.

But you just have to do it.  Figure out what's getting in the way and try to remove the barriers.  Like, for me, there are certain foods I need to not have in the house, because if they are here, I eat them.  Way too much of them.

Sometimes just making a plan helps.  Just being real clear about what we intend to do.  Like, instead of saying, today I'm going to snack less, I would say today I am going to eat three small snacks - yogurt in the morning, fruit in the afternoon, popcorn and cheese before bed.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

anewbeginning2012
on 4/10/14 5:26 am - IN
RNY on 10/01/12

that is a great plan Kelly. I will do that. I will pack my stuff and only eat those things I have out. NO more picking from the break room snacks. I won't take money either.

Kris        
Kim S.
on 4/10/14 5:35 am - Helena, AL

I'm 5 years out, and maintaining.  IT IS HARD.  But I know one thing- every single day I CHOOSE what I eat and IF I get off my butt and exercise.  Many days I do not want to run or go to the gym, but I do it, and guess what?  I NEVER regret it once I'm done.

We possess the power to succeed-and to fail.  Either way, it is our choice to own.  Stop talking about it, AND DO IT.  You are absolutely capable. And you DESERVE it.  Make you a priority. And come here for support.  I still come her often after all these years.

Best wishes.

anewbeginning2012
on 4/10/14 5:55 am - IN
RNY on 10/01/12

Thanks Kim. I just printed what you said- and am putting it on my desk :) so I can see it clearly! "We possess the power to succeed-and to fail.  Either way, it is our choice to own.  Stop talking about it, AND DO IT.  You are absolutely capable. And you DESERVE it.  Make you a priority". Thanks for the kind and supportive words.

Kris        
loreedaisy
on 4/10/14 9:02 am

Hi, i'm 4.5 yrs po. Rny, Nov 2009. I lost 150 lbs at my lowest. In 2012-2013 i regained 15 lbs. I started using my fitness pal app in Aug 2013. In 2 mos I lost all of my weight gain & have kept it off. I still use my fitness pal daily. I also was doing zumba & gym 6 days a week. It can be done, just get back on track!

anewbeginning2012
on 4/10/14 9:31 am - IN
RNY on 10/01/12

Thanks. That helps a lot. I plan on kicking it in gear... Tracking my food and movement! I can do this ;) food will not control me!! 

Kris        
Louise1974
on 4/10/14 12:07 pm

I am only 18 months out and figuring out this whole maintenance thing.  Eating the whole danged day?  I get it.  That is my struggle some days as well.  Something that has helped me a little bit is the minute I am done eating my scheduled meal or snack I get up and set the timer for 45 minutes.  I never eat with meals and wait 45 minutes to drink.  By setting the timer for when I can drink I have a good motivation to not keep snacking because then I would have to restart the timer which I don't want to do.  It really makes a difference for me.  It might not motivate other people but it works for me.  usually be the time the timer goes off I am involved in other things and out of the kitchen and then it is easier to say no to snacking. 

anewbeginning2012
on 4/10/14 10:01 pm - IN
RNY on 10/01/12

That is a great idea Louise. I never thought of that. I have slacked in waiting to drink something AFTER my meals also. That could be a big issue with me too. I am going to try that today. That might help me a lot because I found myself drinking with or shortly after my meals recently- and that could be why I am hungry more often...it acts as a funnel- which is not good...

Thanks to everyone who gave great advice and support. All these things I am going to put in motion. I will be back down very soon. I am just glad I asked for input to motivate me. You all are awesome.

Kris        
Most Active
Recent Topics
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 6 replies · 82 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 364 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 360 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 306 views