You know you're an RNYer when...

Cunning_Pam
on 4/17/14 9:14 pm
RNY on 12/18/13

You wake up in the morning and your first thought is "Gosh, I'd love to have a big ole poo today!"

Surgery: RNY on 12/18/2013 with Jay M. Snow, MD            "Don't mistake my kindness for weakness." - Robert Herjavec, quoting Al Capone

pathchic
on 4/17/14 9:50 pm - FL
RNY on 08/07/13

...and then you weigh yourself after you do.

Come on now, I can't be the only one!

BlackRoseRNY
on 4/17/14 10:19 pm
RNY on 03/19/14 with
Yes! Just weighed myself 3.5 Minutes ago! Lol

Don 1962
on 4/18/14 12:44 am

You ain't.

Never, and I mean NEVER, trust a fart!! 

JJ0609
on 4/17/14 10:02 pm

Did you both sneak into my head this morning? LOL! TMI! OMGoodness!

“Let someone love you just the way you are – as flawed as you might be, as unattractive as you sometimes feel, and as unaccomplished as you think you are. To believe that you must hide all the parts of you that are broken, out of fear that someone else is incapable of loving what is less than perfect, is to believe that sunlight is incapable of entering a broken window and illuminating a dark room.”― Marc Hack

Ht:5'4 SW:268 CW:127.2 GW:125 RNY 06/09 Stomach/colon revision 11/13  

BlackRoseRNY
on 4/17/14 10:20 pm
RNY on 03/19/14 with
I've been really upping my fiber intake to achieve that goal lol

LKS1632
on 4/17/14 10:53 pm
RNY on 03/26/14

This made me literally laugh out loud!!  SOOO true on both accounts - you poo, then you weigh in! But thank goodness I am not the only one that has a "different" poo schedule since the surgery. I was thinking of adding Benafiber to my protein shakes, DR okayed it, but any other ideas out there? I am 3.5 weeks out from surgery, so I am still a "pup" with all the tricks.

and thanks for the chuckle!!!

Laura

Cunning_Pam
on 4/17/14 11:07 pm
RNY on 12/18/13

You're welcome!  Glad it gave you a laugh.

On a more serious note, here's a list of all the things I can think of that I've seen listed here to help with constipation, some of them more "heavy duty" than others. You're definitely not the only one, it's just a fact of life for many of us. I used to be a regular once-a-day kind of gal, but now I need help just to go every third day or so! I think for most people they find that a combination of some of the following are helpful. Hopefully if I've skipped anything others will chime in with their additions:

• Increase your water intake
  • Get in your exercise
  • Add fiber to your foods with Benefiber
  • Increase fiber by eating more veggies, like beans
  • Eat a full fat diet
  • Take Miralax
  • Eat prunes
  • Take a Senna pill or sprinkles
  • Take a stool softener like Colace
  • Drink Smooth Move tea
  • Glycerin suppositories
  • Enemas, either the Fleet type or full water version
  • Take additional Magnesium
  • Take Milk of Magnesia
  • Take Magnesium Citrate

Surgery: RNY on 12/18/2013 with Jay M. Snow, MD            "Don't mistake my kindness for weakness." - Robert Herjavec, quoting Al Capone

Melissa1965
on 4/18/14 2:00 am

Hahahahaa I love it! I have to show this to my husband. He just don't understand the whole poo thing.

HW 268/SW 255/CW 150/GW 160
Daisydoo02
on 4/17/14 11:24 pm - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

that's awesome Pam!  That made me laugh out loud as well!  I was a once or twice a day girl pre surgery now its every second day if I am lucky and that is only if I keep my water intake up high!  As for all your suggestions below for the newbies I agree with them all.  For me personally its all about the water intake, more water means more bathroom time and its "comfortable" if you know what a mean!! 

Happy Friday

Daisy

Daisy 5'5" HW: 290 SW: 254 CW: 120

Nov 15, 2013: RNY - Toronto Western Hospital, Nov 2, 2017: Gallbladder removal & hernia repair

Sept 7, 2023: three +1 hernia's repaired in bowel

10+ years post op, living & loving life!

Most Active