Hi, I'm back...

Kimberly K.
on 5/2/14 9:22 am
RNY on 03/21/14

Hi Betty. Welcome back! I am 6 weeks post op today and doing well. Great to have experienced, caring people to give advice and feedback. Did you every have any rebound weight gain?

Kim K.    

Betty S.
on 5/3/14 1:19 am - Mesa, AZ

Hi Kim,  only once did I start to gain some weight, and that was because of a new medication I was prescribed, made me SO hungry. Ten pounds came on like nothing, and I freaked out, saw my doctor, changed the meds. But it took about four months to get that weight off. I still weigh myself every day. The scale varies by 4-5 pounds at times, but I've gotten comfortable enough to know it has to do with bowels, how much water I've been drinking, did I eat something salty. But I watch, yes I do. I have a fear of gaining it back, because it was hard work to get here.

siberiancat
on 5/3/14 2:19 am - COLUMBIA CITY, IN

Betty - we had our RNY the same day!  I was active on OH for the first couple years and have started being active again a few months ago.  Most posts are from pre-ops or newbies but occasionally "vets" are posting or we can offer help to each other.

Glad you are doing well.  I am at my "goal" weight but was under for a couple years and would like to take off 5 pounds.  It is difficult.  It is easy to forget you are a bariatric patient once you get in a "groove" of taking supplements & eating portion sizes you are comfortable with.

2 years ago I was diagnosed with a gluten sensitivity and had to "again" make dietary changes.  It is sometimes difficult to eat bariatric requirements while gluten free and under 9 grams sugar (reactive hypoglycemia).  I find eating the same food every day and keeping my meals the same works best for me.  Kinda boring - but it works.

Anyway - welcome back.

Penny

Penny
Highest Weight 255  * Wt loss includes 19 lb lost before surgery

Betty S.
on 5/3/14 2:37 am - Mesa, AZ

Hi Penny...I remember you! Sorry to hear about the sensitivity. I find that I only get real 'head hunger', and that I'm actually never really hungry, so eating the same thing is fine with me. In fact, I'm pretty boring.

Most Active
Recent Topics