Side and Back Pain when I eat

bdaycakegirl
on 5/3/14 2:09 pm

I haven't felt "full" yet. But I have accidently eaten too quickly or something too dry and that gives me a pain in my side or back immediately. Weird? I feel like my stomach must be on my side or something. This only happens if something doesn't go down quite right.

hw: 311  cw:304  sw:???  gw:150

Betty S.
on 5/4/14 1:22 am - Mesa, AZ

No, that's not weird at all. And for the feeling full, there is a chance that you might never feel that again. I still don't, but if I take one bite too many, I have the abdominal pain you are talking about, and it's not a happy feeling.  I think you hit the nail on the head when you said 'too quickly'...slow down, and you should be fine.

bdaycakegirl
on 5/4/14 1:39 pm

Thanks for your reply. It's just such an odd and weird location. Glad it's normal. I do get hungry, just not full. I measure everything, do the problem do fat hadn't been too much, it's been too fast or too dry.  

hw: 311  cw:304  sw:???  gw:150

danslillady
on 5/5/14 3:16 am

After I stopped taking Omeprazole, I started feeling pain that went from front and radiated through my ribs and back.  As soon as I started taking it again, it went away!

HW: 274 SW: 241  CW: 149 --- 5'6 (Surgery date 11/26/2013)

Cunning_Pam
on 5/5/14 4:13 am
RNY on 12/18/13

Your stomach is on your side, although your pouch is not as far over now as your stomach was. If you look up an anatomical graphic, you can see that your stomach is actually in the left upper quadrant of your body, opposite your liver on the right. Now that most of your stomach isn't connected to the esophagus anymore, the pouch is closer to the center of your chest, but still over to the left somewhat.

Surgery: RNY on 12/18/2013 with Jay M. Snow, MD            "Don't mistake my kindness for weakness." - Robert Herjavec, quoting Al Capone

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 434 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 390 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 326 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 430 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 326 views