What's on the menu today, RNYers?

Cunning_Pam
on 6/1/14 11:11 pm
RNY on 12/18/13

Good morning, and happy Monday everyone! Well, as happy as a day can be after (warning, Game of Thrones reference and spoiler ahead) watching the Red Viper die horribly.         

Since yesterday was the start of the month I set new goals for the month. I didn't get a chance to post yesterday, so here they are, a day late. First, my goal of exercising in some way daily wasn't met, so that's going to be a goal for this month, although with a slight modification: Exercise of some sort five days a week. I think I need a recuperation day off to really make it work at this point, so I'll consider Sundays my off day. The next goal is related to working on my sleep habits, which could use some modification. So for this month, the saying is "In by 11, out by 7" meaning in bed no later than 11:00 and up at 7:00 am. I get caught up in my husbeast's bad sleep habits, and I need to not do that for my own sake.

I have my six month follow up with my PCP this afternoon, and I'm curious what she'll say about my labs and how she thinks things are going for me so far. I feel pretty good, all things considering, but I'm tired much of the time which wasn't the case at, say, three months out. Could be the low calories catching up with me, could be something with my labs, we'll see what she says.

Other than that not much planned for the day. I have a light switch to replace because I'm tired of asking my hubby to do it. I can't complain about my dude, he takes very good care of me, but if I *could* complain about anything the fact that he does absolutely nothing around the house would be right up there on the list! 

I've discovered overnight oats. I didn't want to eat them until I had room in my calories/carbs, but now they make a yummy breakfast! And it's fast, since you prepare everything the night before and all you have to do in the morning is grab a spoon. You can see the nutrition info in my food list below, and the ingredients are as follows:

1/4 cup Bob's Red Mill thick cut oats (you can use any brand, but the Bob's thick cut won a Cook's Country taste test, so that's what I use)
1/4 cup almond milk (any milk, whether dairy, nut or soy, is fine)
1/2 scoop Jay Robb vanilla protein powder (again, you can use any protein powder you like, or leave it out)
1 tablespoon unflavored Greek yogurt
1 teaspoon chopped pecans
1 teaspoon chopped apricots
1/2 teaspoon chia seeds.

Combine all ingredients well, cover, and put in the fridge overnight. By morning the oats will have absorbed the liquid and you'll have a fast, tasty, nutritious breakfast. If you don't use a sweetened protein powder you may want to add a little stevia or other sweetener, and you can leave out any of the ingredients you don't want. Just keep the oats to liquid ratio about 1 to 1, and it will come out great.

The plan for today: Supplements - In the process of taking the morning batch, alarms set for the rest of the day. Water - 30 ounces done so far, won't be a problem to get 100 ounces at least today. Exercise - Treadmill only today, if the weather's nice enough I may head out to the park instead of walking indoors. Food - 

Breakfast Calories Carbs Fat Protein Sodium Sugar
Cunning_Pam's Pecan Overnight Oats, 1 serving(s) 235 24 6 21 139 5  
Generic - Scrambled Egg Large, 1 egg (243g) 71 0 5 6 70 0  
  306 24 11 27 209 5  
Lunch
Cunning_Pam's Grilled Shrimp, Large, 4 ounce 112 0 0 24 252 0  
Cauliflower - Raw, 0.25 cup 6 1 0 0 8 1  
Kraft - String Cheese 2% Milk, 1 stick 70 0 5 8 190 0  
  188 1 5 32 450 1  
Dinner
Ground Beef - 90/10, 4 oz 200 0 12 23 70 0  
Hunt's Manwich - Original Sloppy Joe Sauce, 1/4 cup 35 8 0 0 310 6  
  235 8 12 23 380 6  
Snacks
Oscar Mayer Fully Cooked Bacon - Precooked Bacon, 3 slices 80 0 6 7 340 0  
Phormula-1 - Whey Protein, Fruit Punch, 1 level scoop (26g) 96 1 0 23 230 0  
  176 1 6 30 570 0  

Totals 905 34 34 112 1,609 12  
Your Daily Goal 1,000 38 39 125 2,300 45

Enjoy your day, everyone! 

Surgery: RNY on 12/18/2013 with Jay M. Snow, MD            "Don't mistake my kindness for weakness." - Robert Herjavec, quoting Al Capone

karenp8
on 6/1/14 11:27 pm - Brighton, IL

I love my oats in the morning too,Pam! They fill me up and are high in fiber too. Got my walk with Lily done early this morning. We went three miles and when I finish my coffee I will do a 20 minute Jillian Michaels DVD for some strength training. I decided to add something new with my walk every other day:either the bike or a DVD. By the time my DVD is done I will probably be regretting it! B 1/2 c steel cut oats with nut mix and 1/2 banana with peanut butter L 31/2 oz deli turkey with 1/2 c cottage cheese S whole grain crackers with peanut butter D 31/2 oz ground beef with 1/2c sweet potatoes S 3/4 c Greek yogurt with nuts. On track with vitamins and fluids for the day. Hope everybody has a great day!

AnnyBananny
on 6/1/14 11:57 pm - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Good morning Pam and Karen (and everyone who joins in later on). Monday, Monday, Monday - bla is how I feel about Monday.

My scale hasn't moved since Thursday and it's totally getting me down. As with everyone, I know it will move again, I know I should back off and not weigh for a few days, I know, I know, I know, but believing it is harder.

I did, however, get out of my food rut a little and make two new dishes, both of which I've enjoyed. Green Chili Cheese Puff tastes great and was delicious for breakfast this morning. I used EggBeaters, since it's what I had, and I've sliced it into 12 instead of 9 pieces, so the stats are pretty good. I also made Crockpot Honey Garlic Chicken which is just so-so, but I'll finish what I've made. A little uncertain on the calories though - you make a sauce that gets poured over the chicken for it to cook in and basically marinate, but then I discarded most of the sauce. So MFP says the calories are X, but since I'm not actually eating the sauce, I'm thinking it's much lower...

Time since surgery: 10 weeks

B: Green Chili Cheese Puff

S: Nectar Lemon Tea protein shake

L: Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Quest bar, more school visits and a meeting out of the Library demand an on-the-go lunch

S: string cheese

D: Flatout Pizza which some of the Honey Garlic Chicken

S: (another) Nectar Lemon Tea protein shake

TOTALS: Calories 746, Protein 104, Carbs 42, Fat 26

V: started, but forgot to bring my lunchtime calcium, damn

W: started

E: walked at the track this morning, not sure if I'll get my evening Y trip in because of an evening meeting

Wearing another GB item today, a really cute green dress. I got another adorable peplum top, but I finally conceded that it just showed too much of the girls off for work or general life, so I threw it in the mail this morning (too bad I'm off the dating train right now because it would have been fantastic for a date). Wonder what I'll get next!?

Pam! I obsessively worked on my lace wrap this weekend and am like 2/3 completed. It's a bit ridiculous how much I knit to tell the truth - yesterday I went to Y, came home and knitted for hours, took a walk, and came home and knitted for a few more hours....

RNY @ Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia with Dr. Tatyan Clark 3/18/2014

karenp8
on 6/2/14 12:19 am - Brighton, IL

Nothing wrong with knitting Anny. We have to find something to do with the time we would have spent eating before. I knit sometimes and sometimes I sew. Right now I have a new denim skirt started. Need to find some time today in amongst the housework to get some more done on it. Can't wait to wear it!

Dcgirl
on 6/2/14 2:46 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Hi OH.  Good morning to all and thanks for starting the post, Pam.  I got some bad news this morning re: a family member's health so I am a little subdued.  Anyway, staying on track and dealing with it :)

B: Syntrax matrix mint cookie shake made with 8 oz of unsweetened almond milk before the gym

L: Struggling through some blackened salmon leftover from brunch yesterday, which had sweet potato fries on the side.  My pouch is not happy today either, apparently, and I am really not able to eat

D: Team dinner for work at a Mexican place with a set menu.  Will likely have some guacamole and some sort of protein - will avoid chips and carbs

E: Walked .7 miles to the gym, did 40 minutes on the treadmill, then a 50 minute personal training session.  I was at 9,000 steps by 10 am lol

V: First batch in

W: 30 oz in so far.  Won't be a problem.

Totals without dinner are only 400 calories, 41 g of protein, 37 g carbs.  Not good.

Scale continues to move pretty consistently which is nice.  Increasing my carbs to about 50 per day has not taken a toll on me just yet.

Hope you all have a good day.  I know how awesome and supportive you all are, so I know you will be sending good thoughts my way, and I thank you for that!  Em

Finding_Feather
on 6/2/14 4:51 am

sorry about the bad news :(.

gtrdyfor50
on 6/2/14 4:07 am
RNY on 10/08/13
{{{hugs}}} Em

Finding_Feather
on 6/2/14 4:52 am

B: 2oz board head turkey lunchmeat

L: 1.5 oz rotisserie chicke, 1Tb hummus

D: ?

V: I forgot to bring them to work today!

W: ok :/

Kimberly K.
on 6/2/14 5:17 am
RNY on 03/21/14

Good Monday everyone! Emily, sorry to hear that a family member is suffering. Hugs to you and them. Proud of you for staying on track instead of giving in to the food demon. Pam, sounds like you have set some realistic goals for yourself. Please let us know what the doc has to say after your appointment today. Hi Anny! You have that workout thing down to a science!  Exercise continues to be my challenge for sure. I am definitely much more active than preop and am walking for exercise but I know it is not enough. Haven't signed up for that gym membership yet. Feeling a little intimidated I guess.  I hit 50lbs lost today 9.5 weeks post op, 4lbs away from Onderland! The 50 includes what I lost during the preop liquid diet.  My husband and I went to a birthday party this weekend for a friend's husband's 60th. The theme was the 60's so everyone dressed like the decade. It was a blast! We both dressed hippie-like. There was lots of food and alcohol. I ate some chicken (fried, took the skin off) and two small meatballs. No alcohol for me. It was interesting to be sober amongst somewhat intoxicated people. It's an eye opener! It was a beautiful day, though and I was with the love of my life so I had a great time.

Here's my food for the day. Not sure if I will be able to drink a protein shake, though. Lunch soup is my own recipe but it was hard to judge the portions, I'm pretty sure I had about 3/4 of a serving but it would only let me log 1 or more servings

Foods Calories Carbs Fat Protein Cholest Sodium Sugars Fiber
Breakfast
Eggs - Poached (whole egg), 1 large 74 0g 5g 6g 211mg 147mg 0g 0g
All Natural - Lump Crabmeat, 0.99 oz. 33 0g 0g 7g 30mg 106mg 0g 0g
Vegetables - Mixed, Fresh, Cooked , 0.1 cup cooked 5 1g 0g 0g 0mg 0mg 0g 0g
Lunch
chicken/bean/veggie soup, 1 serving(s) 295 45g 1g 30g 16mg 2,454mg 10g 13g
Dinner
kim's turkey meatballs, 1 serving(s) 135 3g 3g 23g 93mg 100mg 1g 0g
Sargento - Ultra Thin Slices - Mild Cheddar Cheese, 1 slice 45 0g 4g 3g 10mg 70mg 0g 0g
Chichi's - Salsa, Medium Original Recipe, 2 Tbsp 10 2g 0g 0g 0mg 150mg 1g 0g
Yogurt - Yogurt Nonfat Plain Greek, 0.13 cup (227g) 13 1g 0g 3g 1mg 12mg 0g 0g
TOTAL: 610 52g 13g 72g 361mg 3,039mg 12g 13g

Kim K.    

LiViAnN_mommy
on 6/2/14 5:25 am, edited 6/2/14 5:25 am - Citrus heights, CA

Sorry about the bad news Em, big hugs from NorCal! Pam, great goals for this month! I haven't really thought about monthly goals.... At this moment I have 1 goal: be 150 at the OH confrence. But I think monthly is a good idea. Mine would be not back tracking! I'm in a good place right now with a good blance in my eating and working out. The scale seems to like it too! I was shocked yesterday when it said 172! Woohoo another pound! My anniversity is coming up and I would like to be below 170 at that time. 

My eats for the day:

breakfast: scrambled egg, 1 1/2 piece of bacon, slice of toast and coffee and creamer (2nd cup just poured) 

lunch: 2 eggbites (these ones are artichoke, spinach and some bacon, super yummy!) little bit of sour cream and a salad.

dinner: hubby is gone so fish night. Shrimp scampi, I am not sure what carbs to have with it rice or pasta....

snacks: cottage cheese and watermelon, protein shake with milk, Greek yogurt.

totals for the day: cals: 973 protein: 87 carbs: 61 

w: working on it

v: oops need to get moving on it!

e: back to the gym today and my class. Today I will wear the tank top I bought!!!!

Have a great day everyone! I am off to my happy place the fabric store!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 466 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 425 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 358 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 441 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 358 views