What foods have you omitted?

The Salty Hag
on 6/23/14 4:45 am
RNY on 05/20/13

I didn't see her question before, but finally did. Sorry! 

I woke up in between a memory and a dream...

Tom Petty

aesposito
on 6/19/14 9:38 am

Sugared soda, whole milk and ice cream.  They make my stomach upset now.  I became a bit lactose intolerant after surgery, plus they affect my reactive hypoglycemia more than other foods do.

Other than that, I eat what I want... focusing first on protein, then carbs if I have the room after that.

Audrey

Highest weight: 340
Surgery weight: 313
Surgery date: 10/24/11
Current weight 170... 170 pounds lost!!!!

I am not a doctor, but I play one at work.

BWB
on 6/19/14 11:36 am

The few things that I can't eat are salads, rich frosting, heavy fried foods, tomato sauces, hard candy, and so on.  I can eat enough of my old diet to satisfy myself in small quantities.  It is very easy to stop without eating everything on my plate and I am proud of that.  That is a real change.  Cokes taste nasty, potato ships are greasy, gravy is ucky.  

My biggest problem is getting all my supplements in.  Multi and calcium is easy but I hate the potassium pill and iron needs a special time slot…I frequently forget it.  I know that is bad.  

BlackRoseRNY
on 6/19/14 12:34 pm
RNY on 03/19/14 with

It's awesome to know almost everyone is on the same page!  And I'm also glad to hear thatyou all are staying away from trigger foods. its all inspiring.

jackietex
on 6/19/14 12:37 pm
I have given up:
wheat pasta (I've had whole grain a couple of times)
white bread (like French or Italian)
white rice
potatoes (other than sweet potatoes)
candy (except a square of 78% dark chocolate)
cookies
cake
fried food
fast food (other than Chipotle)

I don't really like meat anymore.

Lap RNY February 15, 2012
Starting weight 195 (ht. 4'10)
Surgery weight 178.5
Current weight 113

marymo362
on 6/20/14 10:25 am
RNY on 03/18/14

I am also 3 months out, and I won't eat rice, pasta, pizza, anything fried, sugary items; I don't consume alcohol nor soda (diet or otherwise). When I go to dinner with The Dude on Tuesday evening Date Night I still have to "talk" to myself about what I order. It's a process, it's a learning curve. It's the inner debate that occurs with each menu presentation. OH my GOODNESSS, i want that dinner and yet I am fully aware that if I eat something really 'clean' and really healthy I will feel so much better. I hope that helps you somewhat --  I am absolutely NOT an expert and I barely know what's right for me! But I am learning, and would love to exchange ideas in the future with you since we are the same length of time out!

H/W: 312 S/W: 280 C/W: 196 Surgery date: 3/18/2014

BlackRoseRNY
on 6/20/14 1:56 pm
RNY on 03/19/14 with

I have to talk to myself when I order also!I tend to stay away from the subs that got me fat in the first place and I also tried to revamp some love my favorite recipesto fit my new lifestyle. Have you started experiencing hunger yet? 

BWB
on 6/23/14 5:04 am

I feel like I haven't given up that much but I have done it naturally.  We do get a pizza about once a week and I eat very little because I can't stuff myself anymore.  My huband aand i splilt a lot of meals with him always getting the larger portion.  Salad makes me feel like I'm having a heart attack so no more high calorie dressings.  I've dumped on salad too.  I do weigh myself once a week and I haven't gained at all.  Keeping the portion size down is my life time goal and think it will work for me.   If I feel listless and have a low BS sugar moment I eat 1/2 a orange, a few grapes, or small banana.  Potato chips are no longer in the house and don't miss them.

Time does make all things possible if you stick to the rules in the beginning.  

Recent Topics