RNY Monday June 23 - happy to be home!

life_mirrors_art
on 6/28/14 5:51 am, edited 6/28/14 5:54 am - Canada

Happy to say the surgery went well and I came home Thursday afternoon with a brand new pouch and a repaired hiatal hernia. Everyone at the hospital was amazing - so efficient and so kind. Right now I tire easily (to be expected) but have very little pain, which is wonderful. I'm walking a bit, having jello, tea and plenty of protein drinks, and generally enjoying the quiet time - I can read to my heart's content! The protein drinks are pretty disgusting, but I'm certainly not hungry, and know this stage will pass soon.

I was immediately taken off two powerful blood pressure drugs and cholesterol drugs. I had no idea that would happen so quickly, but am delighted.

Now that the scary phase is finished (the surgery), I look forward to progressing through the various nutritional stages and getting on with my new life!

gtrdyfor50
on 6/28/14 6:18 am
RNY on 10/08/13
Glad that things are going so well!

life_mirrors_art
on 6/28/14 6:42 am - Canada

Thanks!

Rachel DiLo
on 6/28/14 10:14 am

Happy to hear surgery went well :) here's to your new life! 

*~*RacheL*~*

"I like the dreams of the future better than the history of the past."

Kimberly K.
on 6/29/14 12:33 am
RNY on 03/21/14

Congratulations on the beginning of your new life!

Kim K.    

Stephieplum
on 6/29/14 1:25 am

Congratulations!  I'm right with you as I just had my RNY on June 24th.  Small hiccup with the blood thinner but came home Saturday and am enjoying my first full day at home.  I am also walking the fine line between making sure I move around enough and not over-doing it as I tend toward pushing myself too hard sometimes.  I too am looking forward to progressing through the nutrition stages and moving on with my life.  The freedom from hunger is already wonderful to experience.  Good luck on your recovery!

une_nouvelle_vie
on 6/29/14 1:49 am

Congratulations!  My surgery day was also Monday, but I had the gastric sleeve.  I hope you're feeling better each day and here we go on our new lives!

life_mirrors_art
on 6/29/14 1:31 pm - Canada

Thanks everyone! It is exciting to look forward to all the good things to come! :)