Irritated with my scale...

Bsheldon
on 6/30/14 2:20 am

How do you ever know if you scale is right??? I am so irritated! I went on a mini (nephew's wedding) vacation and before I left my house I weighed in at 226lbs. I went to visit my sister and made the mistake of stepping on her scale. She assured me that she had been to the doctor that day and her scale was the same as the doctor's. I weighed 220lbs. on her scale. The morning that I left my sister's house, I weighed one more time, I was at 217lbs. I got home and weighed the next morning (after not eating anything) and my scale still said 226lbs. This morning I weighed and I was at 223lbs. on my scale. I know I shouldn't have ever stepped on someone else's scale, but I just couldn't resist. And to only lose 3 pounds in two weeks when I barely eat at all... I am so disappointed in myself! ;(

Surgery Date: 4/10/14 HW-279 SW-270 CW-144 GW-140

jefferytmc
on 6/30/14 2:37 am

Typically, my scale seems to get more accurate as I lose, but definitely do not put a lot of stock in other scales and just worry about your regular one.  

You could check by putting a known weight on the scale, but in general, I weight three times in a row and see if it hits the same every time or if it fluctuates.  If it is the same, I feel good about the weight, if it fluctuates, I take the average.

But quit worrying about the scale, if you are eating right, measuring your food, tracking your food, long term the weight will come off.

HW: 440.5  RNY 2/18 (Feb - 27, Mar -21, Apr -11, May -15.5, Jun - 12, Jul -14.5, Aug -9, Sept -11, Oct 6.2)

WhydidIwait
on 6/30/14 9:40 am
RNY on 06/05/14

I know how you feel!  I only lost two pounds this week and it's very frustrating as I'm only three weeks out from surgery. It's hard to be patient

QoftheU
on 6/30/14 10:56 am - Bay Area/Silicon Valley, CA
Revision on 12/18/13

You're in the three-week stall.  Typical - it will start again, trust me.  Four months is about the time for another one, but then it starts moving again.  As long as you're following your program there's almost no way for you to NOT lose the weight!

Leslie - Band Revision to RNY - best thing ever!   HW: 234   SW: 222  CW: Ticker  GW: 130

JenniPenny
on 6/30/14 3:05 pm - MN

Quit getting on the scale. It obviously causes stress. Wait a few weeks and weigh again. Use only your scale and don't think of the numbers on the rest. You can have weeks when you don't lose. Your body and skin are catching up. If you're following the program you'll start losing again.

Jen 13 yrs post op RNY

pittgal08
on 6/30/14 10:56 pm

Hi! Congratulations on your surgery! I am pre-op so I can't offer any information about how it works after, but I have learned, which took a long time btw haha, that the scale is not as important as I used to think. Yes it is a good measurement, but the best measurement is consistency. The scale will fool us into thinking we're being successful or failing, but when we just focus on being consistent we'll be successful every time. A great book to consider reading is Mastery by George Leonard. It is an excellent book about how long-term success is achieved. I have no doubt that the scale will move, but try to measure success on how you feel. Blessings! ;)

Most Active
Recent Topics