7 days down 7 to go.........

NessaV29
on 7/1/14 6:50 am

I am on day 7 of my liquid diet and I can honestly say that at this point, it is 100% mental.  I am not hungry at all, only in my mind.  I have also come to see/hear how much people talk about food.  You never really realize it until you aren't eating anything.  It is crazy.  I have such a huge craving for pizza today I can seriously taste it!  I am still not very nervous about my surgery, will that come?  Right now, I am looking forward to my surgery so that in a few weeks I can eat pureed food! I am getting so excited! So excited! This liquid diet is really really hard though.  Really hard. I can't believe how much my mond thinks about food.  I lost 10 pounds in these 7 days.  Thinking about doing this for 7 more days is stressing me out A LOT more than thinking about the actual surgery.  Any tips for getting through the last 7 days??  TIA!

Vanessa

Dianna S.
on 7/1/14 7:20 am

I could hardly wait for surgery so I wouldn't be hungry anymore.  I was planning what puréed soups i'd have in a couple weeks. I wish I had some great advice but it sucks.  just hang in there surgery will be soon enough

RNY on 6/30/14 with Dr Boynton

karenp8
on 7/1/14 9:58 am - Brighton, IL

Spend your time getting food items and proteins and measuring cups and small bowls ready for when you come home from the hospital. Look at pictures and plan clothes you want to wear when you are smaller and make a list of things you would like to be able to do when you get more fit and lose weight. The nerves may come,but if they do that is fine. Trust in your doctor and remember why you are doing this--to be able to live a long healthy life!

Lisa C.
on 7/1/14 8:26 pm - Niagara Falls, NY

Hi Vanessa,

I am on day three of the Liquid diet and all the things you have said, I have thought, too!!!!!! I was going to start writing down every time I heard people talking about food, passed a food store, restauran****ched a commercial that had food related products, but let's face it, that is all I would be doing!! Maybe that is part of the reason we are we are right now, because we have been bombarded with food coming from all angles! (LOL only the strong and WLS patients survive!!)  It has not been too bad so far,  but I do have a few special events that I have to attend, with my protein shake in hand.  It is really only a short period of time before we will be able to reintroduce healthy choices into our new lifestyle.  My surgery is scheduled for July 14th, so we will be close in dates, if you want to email me any time, feel free to do so!!!!   We are on our way to good health!

Lisa

NessaV29
on 7/2/14 4:24 am

I said that too!  You really don't even notice how much food is in your face either, when you are eating!  It's unreal!  Good luck with your surgery!  We are only a week apart!  

30 years old, RNY scheduled for 07/08/2014 at UIC, Surgeon: Dr Elli

dawnakers
on 7/2/14 3:03 am
I start my 2 week on Monday the 7th. Nervous....anxious.... and excited because I am that much closer to surgery!!!
iamdeannadixon
on 7/2/14 4:30 am

I am so nervous to start my liquid diet, and your post was extremely helpful.  My surgery is scheduled for July 25th, so I start the liquid on the 11th.  I am praying your strength through probably the most challenging of this journey.

NessaV29
on 7/2/14 4:42 am
Good luck! All in all, the liquid diet isn't thhhaaaatttt bad. It gets hard for me when I am at home. At work, it's pretty much no problem.

30 years old, RNY scheduled for 07/08/2014 at UIC, Surgeon: Dr Elli

Most Active
Recent Topics