Damn numbers game!!!

Bsheldon
on 7/6/14 1:38 pm

I know you all keep telling me not to focus on the scale/numbers... But damnit! How the hell did I gain a half pound last week??? I may have eaten a little better Than I have been, but that isn't saying much! And I started walking this week! Bummed!

Surgery Date: 4/10/14 HW-279 SW-270 CW-144 GW-140

Shirleyann_43
on 7/6/14 1:55 pm

Keep up the good work. Weight loss is on the way

nikkilyne
on 7/6/14 6:51 pm

If you started walking it could be muscle building up. Muscle ways more then fat and the more you build the more fat loss you will have. May not seem like it but that's where taking measurments of your body comes in handy.

Beauty in all

(deactivated member)
on 7/6/14 9:21 pm

I do get on the scale every day.I know if I eat something that has a lot of sodium I will gain sometimes. Look at what you ate and see if that could be a culprit. I use myfitnesspal it does help.

I always go into my closet to see if any of my old clothes fit.Sometimes the scale doesn't move but we still are losing inches.

jefferytmc
on 7/7/14 5:17 am

As much as we talk about calories in vs calories out, that is the long term.  Long term taking in less calories than you burn causes weight loss.  

In the short term there are tons of variables.

Water retention from salt or other reasons.

Building muscle (though not likely during a calorie deficit)

Food that has been consumed but not eliminated.

Think of the really short term.  Get up, weigh yourself, now drink 16oz of water, then re-weigh, you have gained a pound.   But it is not a real pound, it is just the added water.  When you are exercising, your muscles need protein and water and such to rebuild.  So you will retain water after a workout.

Just eat what your plan says, track, measure, move, drink water.  Where are you in a month?  

That is what ultimately matters, what you do long term.

HW: 440.5  RNY 2/18 (Feb - 27, Mar -21, Apr -11, May -15.5, Jun - 12, Jul -14.5, Aug -9, Sept -11, Oct 6.2)

Most Active
Recent Topics