Surgery was this morning!

NessaV29
on 7/8/14 12:29 pm

I had my rny this morning. I was expecting to be in so much more pain! I pretty much feel great and am walking and happy! I'm so glad I did this and I'm excited for what the future holds! I did have a terrible time waking up from surgery, but I had kind of known this. I had the same thing(this time was much worse) waking up from a twilight. I was freezing and in lots of pain and dry heaving and just feeling awful! Once the anesthesia wore off, I was fine though. I am really glad I found thus place, I know it will be invaluable to me! 

30 years old, RNY scheduled for 07/08/2014 at UIC, Surgeon: Dr Elli

Ali Shepherd
on 7/8/14 12:38 pm - Smyrna, TN

Congratulation on your surgery! I had mine 43 days ago and I feel great now and already lost 61 Lbs so far. 

Do exactly what the doctor is telling you, and fellow the eating/drinking instructions. it will be maybe 7-10 days of discomfort, but everything will be fine after that if everything goes well. Praying for fast healing and quick recovery

juluch
on 7/8/14 12:43 pm

I wake up just like you!  Ugh!  But I'm a month out and feel great!  Walk 10 minutes every hour the first week or so!  It really helps!  Congratulations!

karenp8
on 7/8/14 1:09 pm - Brighton, IL

Glad to hear you are doing well. Keep walking as much as you can as it really helps with gas pain.

AnnyBananny
on 7/8/14 1:10 pm - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Congratulations and welcome to the Losers' Bench! Remember to keep using the pain meds though so you continue to feel good! I did great all day of my surgery but woke in the night with really bad gas pains that I had forgotten I might experience (and started getting worried something was wrong since the pain meds weren't helping and the first night nurse just kept telling me no I can't have anymore pain meds, then a nicer nurse came in and reminded me about gas pain) - so just a reminder...you might have gas pain and the best thing to do for it is walk, walk, walk!

RNY @ Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia with Dr. Tatyan Clark 3/18/2014

kbb0185
on 7/8/14 9:52 pm
RNY on 07/15/14

That is so awesome!  Congrats on being on the other side, you are amazing!  I am next Tuesday and I hope I can be writing a message like this a few hours after surgery :)

Kaydensmomma10
on 7/8/14 10:06 pm - Columbus, OH

That's so awesome that you are feeling pretty good :) congrats! I can't wait til it's my turn :)

tdbull
on 7/9/14 2:00 am - WA
RNY on 08/13/13
So glad to hear you're doing so well. Remember to walk, sip and rest. Welcome to the Losers Benh!

Lapband surgery in 2009 -  Revision to RNY August 13, 2013 with gallbladder removal.

HW - (260)   SW - (197)   GW - (135), updated on 1-2-14 to 125lbs  HT 5'5"  Goal reached 3/2/14-revised goal to 120 on 3/9/14   reached 4/6/14             

Butterfly18120
on 7/9/14 2:13 am
RNY on 07/11/14

Thanks for the post. My RNY is this Friday. Your posting so quickly afterwards is encouraging and thanks to responders and their posts for their ideas and suggestions. I hope I can post and be up and walking as well. Best wishes in your new journey

teachnaz
on 7/9/14 2:16 am

Seeing that you are posting the same day as your surgery makes me feel encouraged.  My surgery is Friday.  Congratulations!