large calves

DreamingforTomorrow
on 7/30/14 5:21 am - Canada
RNY on 06/19/13

I think everyone is different. I started over 400lbs and down to 250 now. My calves were and still are freakishly big. Let's put it this way, the last time i saw my mother she said to me...so, will your legs every get small (geesh...thanks ma!). Well, mommy issues aside for now...haha. Anyway, my calves are smaller, but they are still very big for my current size, plus they now have a lot of extra skin that adds to how big they look. Stick them in a pair of tight yoga pants and they look much better!

I'm very self concious over my legs and don't wear dresses or skirts/shorts to work. Hoping it will change but i'm thinking this is the way my body was built and I'll just be one of those people who can't fit into cute boots.

Honeytwirl
on 7/30/14 6:12 am, edited 7/30/14 6:18 am

If it makes anyone feel any better, I was a normal weight high-schooler **** lbs.?) in the 1970s and I STILL couldn't fit into some boots because of my calf size.  My friends always seemed to have a gap between their boot and lower leg, too.  I guess that we are just all built differently.  I will be interested to see if I can fit into boots this time around.  It seems to me that clothing (and shoes) sizes have sort of "grown" to accomodate the obesity increase.

chris53212
on 7/30/14 6:58 am

I was 240 and now 165 (5 feet 7 inches)  I think I lost he most from my legs.  Thighs were 21 and are 17 inches now.  My calves were 17 inches and are now 13 inches.  I am an apple shape person and carry my weight in my tummy. 

Best wishes for a wonderful weight loss journey. 

Christina

P.S.  Here is to skinny legs

jfarside
on 7/30/14 7:45 am
RNY on 09/02/14

Thank you so much everyone!!  It all helps a lot. I think if there was one thing I could fix after I lost the weight would be my legs I am wondering if liposuction would help but I will cross that road when I get there. I was very tiny as a child when I hit my late teens I started to get big I was 170 when I met my husband 13 years ago but dont remember what my calves looked like. I will just concentrate on the weight loss and deal with the rest after :)

Surgery 9/02/14 HW 360

Professor Sonja!!!!
on 7/30/14 12:49 pm - Miami, FL
RNY on 08/15/12

I started off at 348 and I am now at 175 (5'9 height) and my calves haven't budged :(.  I tried to buy boots a few months ago at Macys and they still wouldn't zip up.  I cried I was so sad about it.  

Come keep it real in R&R 3.0 Want an invite? PM me here.

Kidda G.
on 8/1/14 12:29 am

I can wear high boots that I never could before surgery. Of course the weight loss has been in proportion with my body...meaning that my legs thighs/calves included have always been thick & they continue to be in relation to my top half which is far more slender. Still I love showing off my full legs now in boots or dresses or shorts! Consistent walking & swimming has really added nice definition & muscle tone. 

You'll love those legs even more soon enough. Good luck!