What's on the menu today, RNYers?

Louise1974
on 7/31/14 10:13 pm

Good morning! 

Today is day 7 of my allergy figuring out elimination diet and I have been totally compliant!  Yahoo!!

Time since surgery: 22 months

S:  tea with soy milk

B:  chia pudding

L:  out to lunch with my mom, probably salad and protein

S:  2 peanut butter trail cookies (dairy egg grain free!)

D:  chili and salad

Exercise:  1-2 hour hike with my mom and the kids

Today might be a little stressful.  Being around my mom can  be hard for me.  I am going to work to take little mini breaks when I feel overwhelmed.

karenp8
on 7/31/14 11:00 pm - Brighton, IL

Why do moms always have that effect on us? My mom right up until the time she died made me feel like I was an 8 year old. But now that she is gone I wish I had another chance to feel that way. All we can do is make the best of things ad love them anyway! Sounds like you have a fun active day planned with your family. My son and husband are very inactive but I think my example is rubbing off as they have both started walking on the treadmill downstairs 4 or 5 times a week. Plan on doing housework today and some sewing if I get time. Lily and I have already walked our 3.7 miles this morning and when I finish here I will do level 2 of thirty day shred. I hate this DVD but since my arms are toning up,I guess I have to do it anyway. On track with my vitamins and fluids so far. Here are my eats:B 1/2c steel cut oats with nuts and half a banana with peanut butter L 31/2 oz turkey sausage with mustard and 1/2 c green beans S apple with peanut butter D 31/2 oz salmon 1/2 c sweet potato fries S Greek yogurt with nuts. I think I have a new temptation now. The restaurant one block from my house has started BBQ night on Thursdays. All last night I could smell delicious meat cooking. Even though I had eaten and wasn't really hungry I could smell that meat and felt like I needed to eat. I did manage to get lots of fluids in instead,so that was good at least! Have a great day everyone and enjoy your weekend!

Louise1974
on 8/1/14 11:30 pm

The smell of BBQ always does me in!  Maybe you need to designate Thursday nights as grilling nights!  I ended up not hiking yesterday because we rented a stand up paddleboard instead!!  It was really fun.  We were on it all afternoon.  My six year old was incredible at it.  At one point I realized, holy smokes, I am a sporty mom!  how did that happen?!?!?!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 472 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 429 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 362 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 446 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 362 views