Insurance Question

vyered
on 8/1/14 11:05 am - Simi Valley, CA

Hi! I am looking at all the new insurance options through my work, trying to figure out which will be the easiest road for me. I've been fighting with various different insurance companies for about 3 years trying to get into surgery. My options now are Anthem Blue Cross, PPO or HMO at the Gold level, HealthNet PPO or HMO, also Gold Level, or Kaiser, both HMO Plans. My question is, do all these companies require a 3-6 month medically supervised diet, or can I get approved for the surgery without that with any of these companies? I'm going to call on Monday, I just was hoping for some insight over the weekend. Thanks!!

poet_kelly
on 8/1/14 1:28 pm - OH

All of those companies will over a number of different plans.  If you will be getting your insurance through your employer, your employer also has the option of excluding WLS altogether.  Without having access to the information about your specific plan, there is just no way for anyone here to answer your questions about the requirements of the different plans available to you.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 438 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 393 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 328 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 430 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 328 views