What's on your menu today, RNYers?

AnnyBananny
on 8/12/14 10:16 pm - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Good morning everyone. I have the Goose in front of Alice in Wonderland as I quickly get ready for the day - and I think starting this post is definitely an important part of getting ready for the day.

We had a very good night and lots of fun and even lots of sleep. We're getting ready to head out to breakfast and then to see the stage production of Alice in Wonderland, Jr. I'm very excited! 

After I drop the Goose home this afternoon I'm heading to Trader Joe's for some grocery shopping - especially some things I need for next week's beach trip. We're just downtheshore Monday-Friday, so 4 dinners. I'm doing one, my mom one, my sister one, and then out to eat the other. Luckily my mom and sister are VERY supportive, so all the meals will be very WLS-friendly. I'm going to do turkey meatballs, hold the spaghetti for me. 

Last night I bought some Blue Diamond Honey Roasted Almonds - OMG - soooooooooo good! I definitely had to portion them out into little snack bags right away because I could see myself overeating them really easily. The serving is an ounce, but 28 nuts is more than I need - I usually have 10 at a time, so that's what I did with these.

Time since surgery: 22 weeks

B: we're going to Perkins, my plan is to get scrambled eggs and have 2 slices of bacon

S: Chike and 10 honey roasted almonds

L: Quest bar

S before the gym: Cheesestick and 1 cup of Skinnypop

D: another freezer meal - Steak with peppers and onions

S: Cool Whip FroYo

TOTALS: Calories 850, Protein 85, Carbs 52, Fat 43

W?V: Started

E: BodyPump at 5:45, I hate this class because it's huge and I don't like the instructor very much, but it's the one I can fit in this week 

What are you eating today?

RNY @ Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia with Dr. Tatyan Clark 3/18/2014

karenp8
on 8/12/14 10:49 pm - Brighton, IL

Good morning everyone! It's a beautiful day here in Illinois. Sun is out and it is 56 right now. This is August isn't it? Lily and I have done our 3.7 miles already and I will spend time with Jillian when I finish here. On track with vitamins and fluids so far. Here's the eats:B 1/2 c steel cut oats with nuts and half a banana with peanut butter L 1/2 c chicken salad with 1/2 c Greek yogurt S blueberries with cheese cubes D 31/2 oz cod with 1/2 c green beans S Greek yogurt with nuts before bed. Have a great day everyone!

Dcgirl
on 8/13/14 1:08 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Hi friends,

Good morning from lovely VA.  I am in meetings in our office in Virginia today and tomorrow, instead of working from home like I normally do, and I forgot my snack of turkey and cheese!!!  The worst part is, I know I took it out of the fridge :(  So basically it's rotting on the counter.  Sigh...

B: Chike high protein coffee shake

S: 1/4 cup Good Bean smoky chili and lime roasted chickpeas

L: TBD...something here at the office (free lunch Wednesdays and Fridays - there is usually a good option for me)

D: One smoky andouille chicken sausage from Trader Joes

S: If I want something tonight maybe a 100 calorie bag of skinny pop.  I am addicted.

E: Woke my ass up and put in 45 minutes on the Cybex Arc Trainer for 500 calories, or as I refer to it, the "machine of death"

V: Forgot.  I am terrible.  Will try to play catch up when I get home.

W: 40 oz in already

My stats without lunch are already a little high in carbs for me: 700 calories, 52 g protein, 50 g carbs.

My weight loss has been sort of slow and sporadic as I reach my 8 month surgiversary on this coming Saturday.  I made it to Onederland and then went up a lb and then back down.  Today, inexplicably, I was down another 3 lbs.  I credit a crazy workout last night that made my entire body sweat and cutting back on carbs Sun, Mon and Tues (back to my usual 40/50 g a day as opposed to the 95 I had on Saturday!).  I am 100% convinced that for ME carbs slow my weight loss.  I wish they weren't so damn tasty lol.

Have a great day, all!  Have fun at Alice in Wonderland, Anny!  Stay warm, Karen!  Em

Dodgergirl27
on 8/13/14 1:16 am
RNY on 01/22/14

I agree 100%, for me I think carbs really kill my WL too!  The b**ch of it is, if I go to long without carbs, my body seems to rebel as well.  Somehow I have to find this delicate balance where I'm low carb 95% of the time, but allow myself higher carbs 1 or 2 days a month.  I'm also trying to eat more "clean" and want to include more fruits & veggies in my diet.  However, fruits need to be an occasional treat not a daily thing in seems...sigh.  Oh well, I can forgo an apple or two if it helps me get to goal :)

Dodgergirl27
on 8/13/14 1:11 am
RNY on 01/22/14

Good Morning!

So, I finally did it.  I woke up early and worked out :)!  It's kind of cool seeing my # on fitbit already at where I'm usually at by around noon.  I'm planning on working out again when I get home (you inspired me Karen, I'm going to get JM shred into the rotation 3x's week).  I'm still in the LOOOONGEST stall ever, but I know if I stick to my plan things will get moving in the right direction.  My body just needs some weightloss downtime apparently.

Time since surgery: 6mo 3 wks

B - Chike w/ almond milk

L - TJ Just chicken

S - Premier Protein

D - Cucumber slices with Tofu salad

W/V - On track

E - 15min spinning this morning (I know, not a lot, but I'm easing into the getting up early thing :) and then 30 min of JM shred tonight

Have a great day everyone!

karenp8
on 8/13/14 1:59 am - Brighton, IL

I found that too many carbs slowed down my weight loss too when I was in the weight loss phase. I added more whole grain carbs in when I got below goal but if my weight starts going up they will go away. I still avoid more than a bite of pasta or rice as they make me crave more carbs. DG I love getting my exercise in early. It makes me feel on top of things for the day and I don't find myself making excuses or getting busy and not having time. Hang in there everyone and you will get the results you want from all the hard work. Whoever said having surgery was the easy way out just has no idea!!

Dodgergirl27
on 8/13/14 2:43 am
RNY on 01/22/14

Thanks for the support Karenp8!  I love seeing you post on here.  

Louy
on 8/13/14 4:10 am
RNY on 08/12/13

Hi everyone. It's 4:01am 14/8 in Melbourne. It's freezing. I'm off to my first appointment with the plastic surgeon to fix my lovely deflated windsock shaped breasts. Lol.  9am right in he city, so I'm up early to start my day.  Iv never posted what I'm having for the day but he goes. :) 

B: one egg, cooked in the wok with a little water. Half a water cracker & a mushroom

L: a small piece of chicken fillet, again cooked in the wok, no oil, with a little fresh mango with celery.  

D: small amount of fresh non crumbed calamari, cooked the same way as the chicken with spring onion and tomato & zucchini. 

No sauce, no oil but I do squeeze lemon juice on the calamari. 

Dcgirl
on 8/13/14 8:33 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Welcome to the post and your menu looks delicious! I totally want to know what the plastic surgeon says because I am already saving up for a boob job next year - I feel like I have saggy tube socks hanging on my chest! How was your consultation?

karenp8
on 8/13/14 6:41 am - Brighton, IL

Thanks for hopping in here Louy. I love to see new people post so I can get fresh ideas for food. How exciting to be getting ready for plastic surgery. I would love to get my arms done but will probably never have the money. So I will just live with it. It is so much better though to be 140 pounds down and so worth it! 

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 439 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 394 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 332 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 431 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 332 views