4days out question

mawdebo
on 8/13/14 6:13 am

I just had RNY IM 4 days out. It's says liquid diet. What about the fruit drinks called naked. Has no added sugar. Would that be ok it's sorta like a smoothie . I'm at the airport and needing something different since I'm watching all this delicious food pass me by

My first goal 

aesposito
on 8/13/14 6:29 am

It has a ton of sugar and carbs from fruit/veggies in it.  Natural sugar is still sugar.

Just to make sure, I just googled up a random Naked smoothie (a green one) and it said it had 28g of sugar in it, total 33 carbs.  That is about three times as much sugar/carbs as I was eating per day that early on.  Water, broth, clear soups, and low-carb protein shakes are your friends this early out.

What does your doctor and nutritionist say about what's allowed in your liquid diet?

You will spend the next several years watching delicious food pass you by... and eventually you will be able to have small portions of it... but now is the time to be taking serious advantage of your new tool.

Audrey

Highest weight: 340
Surgery weight: 313
Surgery date: 10/24/11
Current weight 170... 170 pounds lost!!!!

I am not a doctor, but I play one at work.

mawdebo
on 8/13/14 6:33 am

Thanks for the advice.. water it is or Gatorade!! :)  

My first goal 

aesposito
on 8/13/14 6:41 am

Make sure it's G2, not regular Gatorade... and even G2 has sugar in it (14g per 32 oz bottle) so I used to cut it in half with water.

Good luck, you got this!

Audrey

Highest weight: 340
Surgery weight: 313
Surgery date: 10/24/11
Current weight 170... 170 pounds lost!!!!

I am not a doctor, but I play one at work.

Amy R.
on 8/13/14 6:29 am

If it's truly a liquid diet, any that pours is ok.  If it's a "clear" liquid diet, what you're drinking needs to be something you can read a newspaper through.  When in doubt, call your surgeon.

good for you for checking before indulging, especially at only four days out!  you're gonna do great=)

mawdebo
on 8/13/14 6:35 am

Thank you I guess I will stick with what  I Been having for the last four days .. Lol that's ok though that's why I had this done. Thanks

My first goal 

poet_kelly
on 8/13/14 8:50 am - OH

I don't know what your surgeon's plan is.  Are you on clear liquids?  Or full liquids?  A fruit drink with no added sugar - is it like fruit juice?  That may have a LOT Of natural sugar.  I think you should be following your surgeon's plan at this early stage, but I have no way of knowing what that is.  If you aren't sure, call the office and ask.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

eringudge
on 8/14/14 6:14 am
RNY on 07/28/14

Liquid diet usually means protein drinks (I use Syntrax Nectar powder), a limited array of soups (creamy, no texture at all), fat free milk, sugar free jello, sugar free pudding made with fat free milk, and water. 

You shouldn't be eating anything with fat or sugar in it at all. You also shouldn't be traveling at all. Unless you had surgery away from home and are traveling home. 

You should have been given a lot of documentation on how to eat post surgery. If you weren't, you need to start doing your research immediately.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 445 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 400 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 335 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 435 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 335 views