Members Speak.....If you could, would you?

Member Services
on 8/30/14 4:16 am - Irvine, CA

If you could go back to your decision to have weight loss surgery, would you still have it? 

(Replies may be used by OH for a future article and/or newsletter.)

gbsinsatx
on 8/22/14 2:17 am - San Antonio, TX

I did not come blindly to my decision to have WLS. I looked into it for many years, and very seriously for a year prior to having RNY. 

I am very independent. I do not wait for others to hold my hand. I get all the resources I feel I will need when making a major decision. I make my choices with solid understanding under my belt. I develop a mental plan of direction and write down my course of action. 

I prepare myself for the challenge ahead knowing I may run into some roadblocks along the way. I create a way out to overcome whatever obstacles I may encounter. If I find I need more resources, or I need to gain more knowledge, I actively seek it. 

I do not make excuses. I know what I want and where I am going. I do not cry over a mis-step. I do not get others to join me in a pity party.

I remain positive, purposeful and upbeat. I hold myself to a higher standard. I do not care about what everyone else is doing. I have come to know myself and have addressed those secret places in my life we all tend to avoid. 

I have always had a clear goal and plan and I have never swayed from it. I am very strict and strong-willed. My personality, tolerance, life experience and stamina are all part of the equation. 

I know myself and my limitations. When I began this journey, I felt I was fully prepared mentally for any challenge I would come across. I put in a lot of time doing research, and I continue to educate myself as time goes on.

Age at RNY: 55, Height: 5'4", Consultation Weight: 331 lbs-12/1/2009, RNY Surgery Weight: 281 lbs-3/22/2010, Goal Weight Reached: 141 lbs-6/23/2011, Lowest Weight: 126 lbs-12/11/2011

Current Age: 61, Current Weight: 161 lbs-5/20/2016Total Weight Loss Maintained: 170 lbs  

Kathyjs
on 8/22/14 5:03 am

What a great post

Jenn S.
on 8/22/14 2:42 am - Boise, ID
RNY on 06/16/14

In a heartbeat.  My only regret is not doing it sooner.

Tanya S.
on 8/22/14 2:59 am
RNY on 03/25/14

Same here Jenn!  I wish I had done this surgery in my 30s or 40s. I've missed a lot of living because of my weight and health issues. I am very thankful I went ahead and paid for this surgery now (insurance doesn't cover any WLS). I now have a more active and fulfilling life and believe I have added at least 10 years to my life span!

would I do it again?  In a heartbeat!!!!!

GodsChildII
on 8/22/14 3:18 am - Seattle , WA
RNY on 08/05/14

I can't agree more with Jenn! In a heart beat. I literally changed my life for the better with that decision and my only regret is that I did not do it sooner! 

poet_kelly
on 8/22/14 3:42 am - OH

Absolutely!

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

martitalinda
on 8/22/14 3:58 am

I have no regrets ...  none ... I would never go back on the BEST thing I did for myself ... I am enjoying every minute of it ... and every pound lost is gone 7 years and 6 months after ... it feels like it was only yesterday ... I am loving my journey....

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

autumnsiggy2RNY 2/5/07 no regain having implemented lifestyle changes....

Eggface
on 8/22/14 5:58 am - Sunny Southern, CA

Having weight loss surgery was the best gift I ever gave myself. I have no regrets and would have it again in a nano-second. I used to regret not having it earlier in life but now I don't. I needed to come to a place in my life where I was ready to make the commitment to the lifestyle changes needed... I may not have been as resolved years ago.  

~Michelle "Shelly"

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

CHELLEYGIRL
on 8/22/14 6:19 am - PALMDALE, CA

I would absolutely do it again, in a heartbeat!! 

HW-258 SW- 247 CW-147 Surgery date-8/11/2011

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 429 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 386 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 304 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 428 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?