Greek yogurt buttons

LMB221B
on 8/24/14 2:47 am

I  have a bad habit of overbuying Greek yogurt, and I end up having to throw some of it out. Today when looking around Pinterest, I decided to try to make some of the yogurt buttons that I've seen on there with the three containers of yogurt that I have that are hovering around their expiration date. Although mine look more like Salvador Dali-esque Peeps than buttons, it was very easy to do. Now that school has started back, I can take the frozen yogurt bites to keep in my little freezer compartment of my mini-fridge in my classroom. It will be a nice little mid-afternoon treat! 

I'm sure many folks here have discovered this already, so what are your favorite variations on the Greek yogurt buttons? 

Frozen yogurt buttons

Jenn S.
on 8/24/14 3:06 am - Boise, ID
RNY on 06/16/14

I love this idea. This would be great for getting my yogurt in on the go. I will have to make some of these next weekend!! Thanks for sharing!

Eggface
on 8/24/14 4:05 am - Sunny Southern, CA

I do them as cubes mostly... http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/2013/01/high- protein-greek-yogurt-cubes.html and usually thrown into protein shakes (added protein and doesn't dilute shake) or I put them in make ahead smoothie bags: http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/2014/03/post- weight-loss-surgery-menus-day-in.html

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

LMB221B
on 8/24/14 7:07 am

Didn't even think of putting them in shakes. Great idea!

CLRodriguez2
on 8/24/14 4:50 am
Revision on 09/02/14

Awesome, will have to try this

Revision surgery: Lapband removal to RNY - schedule September 2!!!

LISER617
on 8/24/14 6:26 am - MA
RNY on 08/01/14

I think my kids would love these!

Lisa (38) my goal is 160 lbs.... my dream is happy and healthy

rvtisme
on 8/24/14 6:29 am
RNY on 12/16/13

Great Idea,

dont know how many times I've thrown out expired yogurt!

thanks for sharing

HW: 355, SW 314.2, GW: 165 - Surgery Date 12/16/13

Lali_lali
on 8/24/14 7:23 am

I'm toatz doing this right now! What a wonderful idea!! :)) 

(deactivated member)
on 8/24/14 9:16 am - CA
VSG on 08/19/14

Those look delicious! I can't wait to try this. Thanks for sharing.

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 8/24/14 9:44 am - OH

That is a GREAT tip! I no longer do shakes (but had done some frozen cubes for shakes way back when I was early out) and I will eat the yogurt as long as it doesn't start to taste funky, but I hate to throw it away when I have occasionally over-purchased because it sounds really good while I am shopping (or was on sale!), but then I get tired of it before I eat it all and so it sits... and sits... and sits.  

Also, if anyone is like me and has some flavors that are tasty for the first few bites but then the flavor gets to be too much (so half the cup gets forced down or tossed) -- the new orange cream ones and the coconut ones are like that for me -- I can just create some of these!  

It might also be a good thing for when my brain asks "ice cream?" but I don't want the extra calories, fat, and sugar (I only eat "real" ice cream).

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 535 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 523 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 407 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 265 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 126 views
Recent Topics