What's on your menu today, RNYers?

AnnyBananny
on 8/24/14 10:13 pm - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

It's Monday morning, I'm back to work, and back to the menu post! I hope it's an active week around here, because I definitely need to get my mind back on plan, 100%. Ok, maybe I won't be on plan 100%, but 98%, how about that?!

As I posted last week - I did pretty well on vacation with a few foibles here and there. Obviously that is to be expected and I learned a few things I need to do for my next vacation.

I've had some delicious food this weekend though and want to share a few recipes. I think I posted about Shelly's Bacon, Cheese, and Onion Mini meatloaf when I first made it, but let me mention again how much I liked it! Popped one out of the freezer, used 1T plain greek yogurt to dip - so yummy!

I also made Bariatric Foodie's Curried Chicken, soooooo good! Not too spicy, I didn't put in the optional cayenne. She recommends eating it over cauliflower rice, though I just ate mine plain and it was great. I used whole wheat flour to thicken it, as it's what I had on hand and it worked perfectly, just thick enough and 2T of WW flour doesn't too much carb, though after all the simmering there wasn't THAT much liquid left, probably could have left it as is.

Finally, I have to give a shout out to two new Light and Fit Greek Blends that I tried this weekend: Raspberry Chocolate and Citrus Blend!

Have you tried any new recipes or products lately we need to know about?!

Time since surgery: 5 months

B: L&F Greek Citrus Blend with 1T sliced almonds, .5T Chia Seeds

S: Chike!, probably a real coffee too as this is my first day back to work, and .5oz raw almonds

L: packed my little Bento Box - 2oz Boar's Head Black Forest Ham, a Babybel Light, .5oz The Good Bean CHOCOLATE crispy chickpeas

S: Fiber Gourmet Thinables and a wedge of Laughing Cow Light, this is my current favorite snack, it's a little carby, but there's room for it in my menu

D: Trader Joe's Balsamic and Rosemary chicken with some french beans

S: probably a popsicles sometime, Cool Whip FroYo

TOTALS: Calories 900 on the nose, protein 83, Carbs 71, Fat 39

V/W: Started

E: walking to and from work and hoping to go to the gym after seeing my ESL student, but we'll see how much energy I have!

Glad to be back - here's to a day filled with healthy choices!

RNY @ Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia with Dr. Tatyan Clark 3/18/2014

karenp8
on 8/24/14 10:58 pm - Brighton, IL

Where do you get the Good Bean chickpeas Anny? Hot and muggy here in Illinois as it was all weekend so Lily and I already have our 3.8 miles in this morning. We had to stop two times for water breaks as she would get to panting. We got it done though! In a few minutes I will spend my 20 minutes with Jillian too. Today is my 2 year follow up at the weight loss institute though my actual surgery date is the 29th. My weight is at 119.8 today and they are going to complain that I am too low. He would like me at 125 but that is not where my arthritic knees can survive. I have been around 120 to 123 for a bit over a year and he will have to just accept that. The higher the weight the more knee pain I have and a daily Tylenol is not good for the liver or kidneys. On track with vitamins and fluids too. Here's my eats: B 1/2c steel cut oats with nuts and half a banana with peanut butter L 1c chili with cheese S wholegrain crackers with peanut butter D 1 slice very thin crust meat pizza. Hope everyone has a good Monday!

AnnyBananny
on 8/24/14 11:07 pm - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Hey Karen, I recently discovered that Homegoods/Marshall's/TJ Maxx/Ross type places seem to have The Good Bean pretty often and for cheap! I got a big bag of the Chocolate dusted chick peas for the same I pay for the little bitty bag in the grocery store. I know you live in a rural spot, so you might not have one of those discount places nearby, but totally worth a stop when you pass one!

Dcgirl
on 8/24/14 11:19 pm - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Hi Anny and Karen and everyone!  Good morning!  I also need to be back on the daily post and good at planning this week - I was in Detroit for a whole week and there were some good things to come out of it.  I did a 7 day trial at a gym and went 4 times.  I walked 3 mornings with my friend and her dog for 2 or 3 miles.  I walked 3 miles to dinner and back one night.  I ate Light & Fit yogurts for a snack (I tried the caramel machiato and the raspberry chocolate and loved both!).  I brought Chike with me and had it for breakfast 7 of the 8 days.  However, I ate every dinner out so my calories were a little high everyday.  I was around 1,100 or so calories per day and I weighed myself this morning and am still at the exact same weight (196).  So I didn't gain but staying the same weight for 10 days is a bummer, and thinking about 1,100 being maintenance is pretty depressing too lol.  I am hoping it's some water weight from ending my TOM and flying...perhaps the scale will move this week :)  I am gonna choose optimism.

No new products or menus here, Anny.  I have hardly any groceries but I took some chicken sausages out of the freezer to have for lunch and likely dinner, and I have some yogurt that hasn't gone bad.  So I should be good to go until I can get to the store!

Time Since Surgery: 8 months 1 week

B: Chike and Miralax.  My favorite start of the day

L: 2 jalapeño chicken sausages from Trader Joe's

S: Peach Light & Fit yogurt with 1 tbsp chia and 1 tbsp of sliced almonds

D: Turkey pepperoni pizza - flat out lights in the freezer makes this an easy "I have no groceries" meal

E: 30 minutes on the arc trainer (weight loss program) and 30 minutes personal training.  I got my trainer a Detroit hat and he was so excited lol.

Totals are 802 calories, 78 g protein, 32 g carbs (MUCH better than last week) - I may add in a snack like a 100 calorie bag of Skinny Pop (my addiction - I need to not buy it - I have no idea why I refuse to eat bread, rice, pasta but somehow I give myself a free pass for tortilla chips and skinny pop.  Sigh).

Have an awesome day everyone and I look forward to seeing what menu/food ideas everyone has!  Emily

AnnyBananny
on 8/25/14 12:08 am - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

LOL - Chike and Miralax is your favorite start to the day - love it!

As for the SkinnyPop and tortilla chips, but no rice, pasta, or bread? We know part of this is about compromise, right? Like I make zucchini "noodles" so I can have my nightly FroYo. No, they don't taste like real pasta, but they satisfy me - I think the same can be said for your SkinnyPop!

Glad we're both back safely! Here's to a great week.

Ocalasam
on 8/24/14 11:20 pm
RNY on 12/18/12

What is Cool Whip FroYo. . . I think I really need to know!

AnnyBananny
on 8/25/14 12:05 am - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

The Cool Whip FroYo is a total indulgence. It has very little nutritional value, but it something that satisfies my sweet tooth and I look forward to it, literally every single day!

The original recipe called for Cool Whip, Vanilla Greek Yogurt, and pureed fruit - I've totally simplified it. I take a tub of Sugar Free Cool Whip (or Lite), thaw it out and mix it with 2 Light and Fit Greek yogurts, any flavor I feel like. I then divide it into 12 servings, using my silicone muffin pan, and refreeze it. I pop out the little froyo hockey pucks, put them in a freezer bag and am good to go for 12 days of treats!

Stats with the Sugar Free Cool Whip and 2 L&F yogurts: Calories 54, Protein 2, Carbs 8, Fat 2

(deactivated member)
on 8/24/14 11:50 pm

Good morning all. I had a crazy weekend since actually Thursday.I took my daughter off to college and my son moved four hours away. I will say my menu was not horrible but could have been better. 

B:Cooks sliced ham and eggs

S:Coffee 

L:Salad of some sort

D:filet mignon. Trying to cook for two people is going to interesting. I am used to buying food for four or more. So I totally have to plan.

Vitamins are in and water is working its way down.

Have a good day.

AnnyBananny
on 8/25/14 12:06 am - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

3B, I know it's been a rough weekend seeing your chickens fly the nest! But keep reminding yourself that YOU have raised two independent and strong young adults - this is what you want for them. That's what my mom told me kept her spirits up when my sister and I left home.

(deactivated member)
on 8/25/14 12:18 am

I am doing really well. I am trying to focus on me and my husband. Him and I have been together for 27 years this month. I am kinda jealous of my daughter she is involved in so many things with school. I have a feeling she will not want to come home sometimes. But that is okay.

Nowadays we have skype and iphones and we can get in touch so much easier than it was 27 years ago when I used to write letters to my husband when he was in college.

We are going to a huge party this weekend and I am looking forward to making my crab chowder.I don't eat it but everyone else does. I am also going to make a nice salad with some grilled seafood for myself.

They always have so much junk food.I am also excited I was able to put a size 12 jeans on from American Eagle I was gushing out of them but I was in them.

Thanks Anny I am glad you posted What's on your Menu this morning? It seems we all had a little bump in the road.

Have a great day.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 440 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 395 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 333 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 432 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?