What's on the menu today, RNYers?

Louise1974
on 9/9/14 10:32 pm

My computer is still on the fritz so I haven't posted in a bit.  Let's hope it holds out through this post!

S:  tea with soy milk

B:  tomato slices, 2 fried eggs

L:  salad with some kind of protein

S:  tomato slices with feta cheese, I am drowning in tomatoes!

D:  probably guvetch, a casserole packed with veggies and topped with feta, yummo!

S:  chia pudding with the last of the raspberries

Exercise:  I am chopping firewood and stacking it today, I have 4 full cords to stack, that is serious business friends!

AZPatty
on 9/9/14 10:45 pm, edited 9/9/14 10:45 pm
RNY on 02/25/14

Good Morning Everyone!  The scale is finally starting to move for me.  I weigh everyday but only record the weight on Friday's so I hope it stays.  I have been at the same weight for three weeks so it is a nice change. 

B:  premier protein, tea, string cheese

L:  Green chili and turkey egg puff (I usually make one recipe on the weekend and it all week for lunch)

S:  100 cal. greek yogurt

D:  Flat out pizza, turkey pepperoni, onion, cheese 1/2 of a flat out

S:  Savory cracked pepper crisps and Laughing cow wedge

Totals:  826 calories, 81 protein,  66 carbs

E:  ran 2 miles this morning

Have a great day everyone!

karenp8
on 9/9/14 10:56 pm - Brighton, IL

That sounds like a great workout with cardio and strength training both Louise! And a busy day too! Its a stormy day here in Illinois today so my walk will be done on the treadmill in a bit. Its not nearly as much fun as the park with Lily but will ave to do. I will also try to walk her around the neighborhood during breaks in the rain. Most of my energy will be used to try to keep her feeling safe and calm as she is terrified of storms. I also have to do laundry and pick up some groceries for the food pantry so we ate ready to open tomorrow. Post op 2 years and two weeks and weight today at 119.8. On track with vitamins and fluids too. Here's the food: B 1/2 c steel cut oats with nuts and half a banana with peanut butter L 31/2 oz chicken breast 1/4 c baked beans 1/4 c cheesy hash brown casserole(a treat but not too bad calorie wise in a miniscule portion) S apple with peanut butter D 31/2 oz tbone steak and 1/2 c green beans S Greek yogurt with nuts. I will do an hour on the treadmill at some point today and possibly 30 day shred if I have time. If not I will do it tomorrow. Hope everybody has a great day!

kbb0185
on 9/9/14 11:36 pm
RNY on 07/15/14

Good Morning Everyone,

The scale has been stuck the past week, I need to get moving.  I packed my bag for the gym and everything this morning but kept hitting my snooze button :(  I am going to the trainer Friday and we have a hike planned for Saturday, but I need to get my butt on the elliptical today at home.  I will do it!

Breakfast Calories Carbs Fat Protein Sodium Sugar
Almond Milk - 1 Cup, 1.5 Cup 60 3 3 2 270 0  
Dannon Light & Fit - Raspberry Chocolate Greek Non-fat Yogurt, 5.3 oz (150g) 80 8 0 12 45 7  
Torani - Sugar Free Pumpkin Pie Syrup, 2 tbsp (30mL / 1 fl. oz)) 0 0 0 0 5 0  
Add Food  Quick Tools 140 11 3 14 320 7  
Lunch
Danon Light and Fit - Raspberry Chocolate Greek Yogurt, 5.3 oz 80 8 0 12 45 7  
Kay's Naturals - Protein Kruncheeze - White Cheddar Cheese, 1.2 oz 130 14 4 12 240 1  
Add Food  Quick Tools 210 22 4 24 285 8  
Dinner
Premier Nutrition - Ready to Drink Chocolate Protein Shake, 1 Shake 12oz 160 5 3 30 360 1  
Add Food  Quick Tools 160 5 3 30 360 1  
Snacks
Stop & Shop - Cracker Cuts, Sharp Cheddar Cheese, 4 Slices, 4 slices 130 0 10 8 200 0  
Mariner Stoned Wheat Bite Size Crackers - Crackers, 8 crackers 51 9 1 1 101 0  
Add Food  Quick Tools 181 9 11 9 301 0  

Totals 691 47 21 77 1,266 16

Surgery Date: 07/15/2014

Angela_Italiana
on 9/9/14 11:36 pm - CA
RNY on 03/04/13

Good morning to all! Had a busy day today so far, and it looks it will continue that way so will make this short and sweet :)

B: Low-fat cottage cheese with a tablespoon of raspberry jam, 4 large strawberries.

S: Small apple with PB2

L: Protein shake (1 Scoop Syntrax Cappuccino with 1 cup Unsweetened Almond Milk)

S: Honey ham Slices

D: Greek Salad w/Chicken (grilled chicken, feta, black olives, bell pepper, red onion, cucumber, light vinaigrette) 

Water: Should end around ten cups

Vitamins: All in!

Exercise: Just a brief walk around the neighborhood. Will hopefully find some time for a nice long walk later this evening.

Totals: Calories 1154, Protein 113g, Carbs 64g

Dodgergirl27
on 9/10/14 1:31 am
RNY on 01/22/14

Good Morning Everyone,

Louise, chopping all that wood, that's going to be a great workout!  I had 2 cords of wood I had to move when I moved into my house and I'm still haunted by all of the work it was (granted I was MO and seriously out of shape then, but still). 

Time since surgery: 7.5 months

B - Chike w/ Almond Milk

L - 1/3 of a chipotle bowl (finally went to chipotle last night for dinner, and it turns out a 1/3 of the bowl is a serving still)

S - Premier Protein

D - I have book club tonight, which means a bunch of finger foods.  Luckily the hostess usually has a kale salad of some sort (lots of Vegans in the group, this is So Cal after all :) and usually some almonds as well, so I should be good (I"ll drink my protein shake later in the day as well).

V/W - On track

E - None (hopefully I can get a lunchtime walk in, just to up my steps and maybe like 20 min of kickboxing after I get home from book club, but we'll see).

Have a great day everyone!

AnnyBananny
on 9/10/14 6:44 am - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Hey y'all - just returned to the house after an awesome NSV - a 10 mile bike ride! For the last three years when we've come to *****oteague I've said I wanted to rent a bike and never done it - well today I did! I got an awesome purple cruiser, hoped on, road over to Assateague, all around the Marsh Trail, out to the beach, and back to our beach house. I haven't ridden a bike in ages and my bum is sore, but it was really fun and I felt fit and good! I downloaded the MapMyRide app and synced it to MFP (though the sync doesn't seem to be working yet) so I could see how far I rode.

Keeping my fingers crossed the weather is good still tomorrow morning so I can go for another swing, I got the bike for 24 hours (great use of $13.50), my sister is a little jealous so she might come too!

I have planned to allow myself real ice cream two times on this trip. The Island Creamery is one of my favorite places, basically in the world, and so I had decided I could indulge in a little of there ice cream while on vacation (I'm completely avoiding fudge, salted nut roll OMG, while here as it is absolutely something I can't stop). I got a kids' sized cup of this caramel nut ice cream - it was about 1/2 cup and I KNEW I should only eat half of it, but I ate the whole thing. I didn't dump or anything, but I felt crappy for the rest of the night :-( The only good thing about that is that I definitely don't want more right now AND I know my limit if I do decide to indulge a second time.

Time since surgery: 5 months, 3 weeks

B: Loaded greek yogurt and a banana greek yogurt muffin

S: CHIKE!, coffee, and some salted caramel peanuts (highly recommend this Planter's brand flavor if you have a sweet tooth, delicious and no more calories than any other flavored nut I've found so far)

L: Quest bar and a few Cheddar Rockets (not the best choice, but when I say a few, I mean 6 - but it's such proof that when "bad" choices are around I have a hard time avoiding them!)

S: popsicle post-ride, about to get Fiber Gourmet and Laughing Cow light wedge, I'm starving!

D: Mini meatloaf

S: Cool Whip FroYo with a graham cracker

TOTALS: 1000-1100 calories, protein 94, carbs 100, fat 47

RNY @ Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia with Dr. Tatyan Clark 3/18/2014

karenp8
on 9/10/14 8:34 am - Brighton, IL

Congrats on the nice long bike ride. It sounds like fun. Not bad on your eating either with all the temptations around.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 448 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 403 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 337 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 435 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 337 views