1 week post op - feeling down

AshleyAlive
on 9/12/14 6:03 am

I had RNY last Friday, and it seems I'm am far from being healed. I went shopping to get some things I needed and I was so exhausted half way through the store that I wanted to lie down and sleep. That has never happened to me before. Everything protein bothers me so I had to stop it all as per my doctor. I work all day trying to get fluids in. I feel my heart pounding after having some broth (same thing that happened with protein shakes) I'm just worried that my body will stop working all together. Even though I'm down 20lbs I'm sad. I just want to feel like I'm able to do normal things again..just venting thanks for listening

Starting a new journey to a new healthy life! ~ashley

iHeartTeas
on 9/12/14 6:56 am

I totally understand and trust me it will pass. Hang in there and just know it will get better soon.  Welcome to the losers bench :)

karenp8
on 9/12/14 7:24 am - Brighton, IL

Even though you may have tiny little incisions,you just had major surgery honey. Give your body a chance to rest and recuperate a bit. You might feel sad for a bit because this whole lifestyle is a huge change. Also as your body begins to burn through fat hormones that have been stored in the fat are released into your body. I know I was moody and crabby and sad all together for a while. I felt so sorry for my husband. But this is the hardest part and soonyouwon't even remember this rough time. You will begin to drink betterand have more normal food. I promise it will all be worth it! I had been obese my whole life til I had my surgery two years ago. I am now at the bottom end of a normal bmi for my height and have been this weight for a year. If I can do this you can too. Just hang in there and  look for the light at the end of the tunnel--a new healthy life full of opportunities! 

Awillis
on 9/12/14 8:13 am - Richardson, TX
RNY on 08/28/14

Congrats on your surgery.  I am two weeks post op.  Yes it is hard but each day will get better.  Keep trying to find a protein you like or find a drink and add protein powder to it.  Protein helps you heal. I understand the tired feeling does go away, my doc says 6 weeks before full energy returns.  Give yourself time to heal, sip sip sip and walk walk walk. 

AshleyAlive
on 9/12/14 9:18 am

Thank you for all of the encouraging words. It makes me few better to hear them. My husband tries but he is a skinny thing who doesn't really know what I'm going through. I feel bad for him right now. I've been a lunatic lol 

Starting a new journey to a new healthy life! ~ashley

dccyr
on 9/12/14 11:10 am

Please be patient, you just had major surgery.  I didn't leave the house for the first week.  I rested, worked on my sipping and getting protein, just took care of myself.  I knew the first couple of weeks would be rough.  so I just let it happen.  I followed my drs instructions to the tee.  I am 7 months out and down 87 lbs.  I feel great.  I hardly remember those first two or three weeks.

Just don't rush things.  You will be tired.  So rest and sip and walk when you can.  Let others go to the store for you.  You need the time to heal.  This too shall pass, as my mother used to say.

You've got this.  

Sherrie P.
on 9/12/14 1:04 pm
RNY on 02/06/13

Yeah... I didn't feel human until 5 weeks out. You just have to power through.  You will get stronger and smaller and hopefully happier!!

Revision Lapband to RNY 2-6-2013   HW: 286  Pre-Op Diet: 277  Surgery Day: 265  Goal: 155  CW: 155

Plastic surgery 8/28/2014: Brachioplasty, mastopexy, & abdominoplasty.

Plastic surgery 1/27/2015: Butt Lift

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 459 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 416 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 356 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 437 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?