Feelinv discouraged!!advice please!

Beyl689
on 9/29/14 9:30 am - Gonzales, LA
RNY on 07/11/13

Ok so I'm 14 months out. Started at 306 and my lowest weight was about 150. I am starting to maintain at about 163 but have been having issues with slowly gaining back. I'm not sure ifim truely gaining weight or if it's just the weight of the food that I'm eating. I have been having issues with bowel movements for a while now and really don't go unless I take laxatives. I'm not eating anything different or anything that I shouldn't be but I'm not sure if the whole bm thing is normal. Any advice is appreciated!

Ladytazz
on 9/29/14 10:30 am

At 14 months out it is very possible that you are gaining some weight.  The malabsorption is decreasing and the capacity to eat more is increasing.

Have you spoken with your doctor about Miralax.  I have a prescription and take it daily.  Constipation is miserable.  Try increasing your fiber as well.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

poet_kelly
on 9/29/14 10:39 am - OH

I do Miralax daily and it helps a lot.  Getting your bowels regular might help some with maintaining your weight.  Are you exercising?  Has your activity level decreased lately?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Beyl689
on 9/29/14 10:57 am - Gonzales, LA
RNY on 07/11/13

I actually fell out of my exercise routine at about 10 months out and just started getting back on track with exercise about 2 months ago so I'd say that my exercise has increased recently. Thanks so much for your help! I figured that I'm just coming to my maintenance weight but this constipation issue has got to give! I'm calling tomorrow to make a follow up appt!

lumina99
on 9/30/14 1:36 am - ME

I get constipated regularly too-but I believe my problem is not drinking enough water! I know I dont. I get plenty of fiber but not enough fluids ;(

Laura A.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 438 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 393 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 327 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 430 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?