Crooked weight loss!

Dartmouth
on 10/15/14 6:49 am - United Kingdom
RNY on 05/20/14

I know this sounds weird but I haven't seen anyone write about it so here goes.......

My weight seems to be coming off unevenly on my body...one arm is thinner than the other, one leg is thinner than the other...even my face seems lopsided!  I thought it was my glasses but my over observant daughter said that she thought I was loosing weight unevenly too.  It's not on the same side...my right side of my face, my left leg, the left side of my tummy

Anyone else had this happen to them?

thanks!

joan

Findmenow
on 10/15/14 7:07 am

Well, I'm only a week post op, but I will say I know my legs are uneven. My left is larger than the right. More fat there. I was told it's pretty normal by the nurse who did my measurements early on. Might be there always was an asymmetry to your weight, but it only became noticeable as you lost. It should even out in time. 

mimiof2wins
on 10/15/14 11:52 am - CA
RNY on 01/16/14

I think that since we lose so quickly, our weight shifts constantly.  I have found that in the course of one or two days, pants seem looser even if i haven't lost any more weight. Hopefully, things will even out when the weight loss slows down.

Frankie82
on 10/22/14 4:51 pm
RNY on 08/07/14

It totally happened to me! I take my measurements in addition to tracking weight loss and I was really surprised at my uneven weight loss. In my first month, I lost 8” off my hips, but only about 2” off my waist; I was expecting proportionate, even weight loss. I found the front of me takes longer to go than the back of me. Given time, things seem to catch up. My waist has started to come in, but there is still a difference between the two measurements (11” off hips, 7” off waist). Funny you mention the arms because I thought it was just me tripping out on pain meds when my left flab seemed smaller than my right flab :)

Dartmouth
on 10/22/14 5:19 pm - United Kingdom
RNY on 05/20/14

Glad to hear of other crooked people!

Hope you get back to work soon!   It is easy to underestimate how big a deal all this is!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 468 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 427 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 358 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 441 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 358 views