Day 6 Post Op- ROUGH DAY

Maddie_Stormy
on 10/15/14 10:28 am

day 6 post op. Not sleeping well, weight is dropping off but just not a good day today.... Having some head hunger but working through it....  Just feeling miserable today. 😰

mimiof2wins
on 10/15/14 11:44 am - CA
RNY on 01/16/14

Hang in there things will get better and better each day. 

GodsChildII
on 10/15/14 11:53 am - Seattle , WA
RNY on 08/05/14

Hang in there each day gets better and better! You can do this.

Bubbles314
on 10/15/14 1:06 pm - Kalamazoo, MI
RNY on 10/06/14

Hi, I'm 9 days out and I am tired a lot.  I felt good the day after surgery and everyone commented on how good I looked and was getting around.  The next day I was so nausious and did not feel good at all and everyone commented on that, "you look kind of green, do you feel ok?".   I don't get good sleep cause of sleep apnea, but the weight is dropping too.  I to have head hunger, I know it is going to take some time to wrap my head around a quarter cup filling me up (I am aloud sf pudding and yogurt now) but more than anything I was just so sick of the liquid diet that I have been on for 4 weeks.  Hang in there when you can add more food to your diet that may help.  The hormone loss from losing weight may also be a factor. 

Take care  you need to pamper yourself you just had major surgery

MickeyDee
on 10/15/14 1:23 pm

Remember to stay hydrated;  there's nothing worse than getting woozy and falling over sideways.

Maddie_Stormy
on 10/15/14 7:59 pm

Thank you for your replies....  One day at a time.   Just not sleeping well.  I'm a side sleeper and can't find the right spot yet.  But it is a new day!  Lora

joshie2645
on 10/16/14 11:41 am - Springdale, AR

I too am a side sleeper. how long do you have to sleep on your back?

joansch
on 10/17/14 12:09 am

I'm a stomach sleeper! I had to sleep on my back for about a week (with a pillow under my knees and one pressed against my right side.). I was gradually able to sleep on my right side, although I propped a pillow against my stomach to keep me from rolling all the over. It also supported my belly, which really hurt when everything shifted to the side. It was another week before I could roll on my left side (which is where the drain had been). The pillow as support is very important. Take it slow...you'll get there! Congrats!

Joan, Annapolis, MD

5'3"    SW: 248   Surgery date: 28 Aug 2014

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 467 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 427 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 358 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 441 views
Recent Topics