What's on your menu today, RNYers?

Dcgirl
on 10/20/14 4:34 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Do it!  I found a whole rack of them for $40-$60 at Nordstrom Rack, which is about half the price of regular Nordstroms!  I would have bought 3 pair if they had them in my size but only one alas.  I love the brand too!

robinreinhardt
on 10/20/14 4:32 am

Em,

You are amazing. So proud of you. My surgery was submitted to insurance 2 weeks ago. I am on pins and needles waiting to hear. You look great in your picture.

Robin

Dcgirl
on 10/20/14 4:35 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Thanks, everyone, for such positive reinforcement!  It's so nice of you all.  I feel really good.  Even when I get down on my skin (UGH) I feel so strong and healthy and I love that you all GET it.  Sending so many hugs to y'all!

NYMom222
on 10/20/14 8:12 am
RNY on 07/23/14

Way to go! Skipping a size is great, first for the accomplishment and second saves you $$... We have similar numbers, I started in a similar place and also have set 170 as my arbitrary goal...LOL... hard to believe it could happen, so it excites me to watch you do it. I get on the scale on Wednesday for my 3 month check at he surgeon's office. Yikes! Traveling tomorrow home from Chicago and very nervous about the scale... not weighing for  week and not being in my usual routine... you are always an inspiration...

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

mt2008
on 10/20/14 12:53 am
RNY on 09/02/14

Hello everyone! I’m new to the thread and want to say THANKS! This is such a helpful thread to a new postop like myself. I’m actually a revision from a 2001 RNY. The rules have certainly changed since then! (Well, they now have rules I should say LOL!!) I just hit ONEderland over the weekend, so I’m psyched!

Time since surgery: 7 weeks tomorrow.

B: Chike coffee with almond milk (can’t stomach Lactaid or milk) S: Kraft 2% cheese stick

L: Ground beef & turkey sloppy joe

S: Undecided—either another cheese stick or Greek yogurt

D: Ground turkey “layered” tacos—no taco shell, just meat, beans, a bit of cheese, Greek yogurt and avocado.

S: Dannon Greek yogurt (probably cherry flavored)

TOTALS: Calories 209, Protein 81, Carbs 52

V/W: 1st round done, 2nd round will be done in 20 minutes (I split my vits into 4 rounds).

Water—I have a 64 oz bottle that I drink out of all day. I have yet to hit 64 oz, but am working on it!

E: Dog walk I had my surgery September 2nd, had some complications post op (wound issue) and am cleared for light cardio such as walking right now. So my husband and I take our 2 dogs around our neighborhood. I’m planning on starting on the treadmill soon, since the weather is getting colder, brrrr!

Anny, you looked wonderful in that dress!

karenp8
on 10/20/14 1:53 am - Brighton, IL

No wonder you got comments,Anny,you look beautiful! Getting dressed is so much more fun when we have pretty clothes isn't it!? I had a good weekend too. I baked some muffins for coffee hour at church with no temptation and then got a call that my oldest son and his girlfriend were coming down Saturday afternoon to see my mother in law because today is both their birthdays. So I got to spend Saturday and Sunday with them. We went out for dinner Saturday night and I had some delicious blackened salmon and quinoa with sweet potatoes. Delicious and I had leftovers for lunch Sunday! Lily and I had our 3 mile walk this morning and I did another mile on the treadmill downstairs. My NSV today is my outfit,something I would never have worn before surgery. I wish I could post pictures on here but can't figure it out. I'm wearing a loose tunic with sidetails in neon green with my new $3 pair of LEI jeans from the clearance rack and I feel so healthy and strong! I find so many things on clearance because apparently not many people wear size 1 or XS. It doesn't seem real to me sometimes either! Post op about 26 months and weight at 120.8 today. On track with fluids and vitamins. I will do level 3 of 30 day shred after lunch too. Here's my food:B 1/2 c steel cut oats with pumpkin seeds and half a banana with peanut butter L 31/2 oz turkey burger with cheese 1/2 c Greek yogurt S apple with peanut butter D 31/2 oz shrimp with garlic butter and 1/2 c spinach S Greek yogurt with nuts. Congratulations Em on getting to your first goal. You have done great! I revised my goal several times,because like you 160 didn't seem possible at 265. I finally lowered to 145 and ended up below that even. I just went to were my body seemed to want to be. The lower weight is so much better for my rheumatoid arthritis and I'm thankful for my surgery and all of you too every day! Have a great one!!

Dodgergirl27
on 10/20/14 2:17 am
RNY on 01/22/14

Good Morning Everyone,

Anny, I love the dress and you totally rocked the smokey eye! I can never get the smokey eye look right, so I'm jealous!  It's so great that you had a good time.  Also, I'm so happy you like spinning.  I feel the exact same way about it, it's a tough workout and I sweat buckets, but I feel so accomplished and healthy when I finish.  Good luck with Pilates tonight, it was really intimidating to me when I started too, but I am seeing such great results now that it makes it way easier to go (for what it's worth my instructor gave me this rule of thumb:  it takes 10 workouts to feel a difference and 20 workouts to see a difference...and I'm at 16 classes and just starting to see muscles/definition in places I hadn't been...and I did start feeling taller around 10 workouts).

Time since surgery (almost 9 months)

B - 1 string cheese and 1/2 a soft taco with chorizo & eggs

L - TJ Citrus Chicken salad with extra chicken

S - String Cheese

D - Cruciferous crunch with bell pepper, tomato, cucumber and chicken with spicy peanut sauce/dressing

W/V - On track

E - I had a horrible exercise week last week, so I'm getting back on the horse today:  1 hr spinning; 1 hr pilates

Have a great week everyone!

AnnyBananny
on 10/20/14 6:09 am - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Yes! I looooved the spinning. It's already on my calendar to go back again this Saturday (last week and this week I planned out my workouts for the week and put them all on the calendar. #1, I don't feel guilty when I take my planned rest day and #2, there's no excuse not to go when it's ON MY CALENDAR). 

However, I might bail on pilates. The closer it gets to 5:30 the more nervous about it I am. Which I know is silly. Every new class I've gone to the instructors and other participants have been nothing but nice, but I'm still intimidated! I might just scope out the class tonight and then GO next week. We'll see how brave I'm feeling 

RNY @ Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia with Dr. Tatyan Clark 3/18/2014

AnnyBananny
on 10/20/14 2:18 am - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Thanks for the compliments guys - it is so nice to feel so good in your skin!

I just got into work from my sleep doc appointment and I'm officially off the CPAP! HUZZAH! I'm so excited I can barely stand it. The doc was so impressed with my progress and said the home study showed everything was good. To official say my apnea is cured I would have to do a lab study, but he felt it was unnecessary. He did tell me maybe some time down the road if I were trying to get life insurance or something that might require me to get an in-lab study to say for sure I'm "cured" but for now, it didn't seem needed.

Also, I forgot to report on a few new products I tried this weekend. First - Eden Organics spicy pumpkin seeds - SO FREAKING GOOD. I highly recommend, a little crunchy, spicy, and low carb. Turkey Jerky - total thumbs down for me, it grossed me out to the max. 

Ok, back to work, but I'm looking forward to being able to be more attentive to the post starting tomorrow!

RNY @ Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia with Dr. Tatyan Clark 3/18/2014

karenp8
on 10/20/14 2:48 am - Brighton, IL

Congratulations on getting off your CPAP Anny! I am sure you won't miss it!

Most Active