What's on your menu today, RNYers?

AnnyBananny
on 10/22/14 10:33 pm, edited 10/22/14 10:35 pm - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

It's another gloomy day here in PA, my OH friends and it has me feeling a tad bit gloomy myself  I ended up having a rough day yesterday, my first time with the actual foamies. I've gotten sick a few times post-op, but never real foamies - oh man, not good. To top it off I was AT A SCHOOL VISIT! I literally had to run to the bathroom between classes to throw up  So that had me not feeling my normal self the rest of the day.

I did throw together a crockpot recipe though and, man, did it smell good! A Year of Slow Cooking's Applesauce Chicken. It's on my menu for tonight, so I'll let you know my verdict tomorrow. When I was at the grocery store I also grabbed a YoCrunch Light Vanilla yogurt with peanutbutter and chocolate crunchies. It's 150 calories, 19 grams of protein, and 13 carbs - so not horrible stats and it was quite yummy. I tried the strawberry with chocolate bits last week. They're definitely a "treat."

Time since surgery: 7 months

B: L&F Greek yogurt with chia seeds and sliced almonds

S: Coffee with cream, Detour Oatmeal Bar (I grabbed this on a whim at Bed, Bath, and Beyond the other day, we'll see how it goes)

L: Breakstones cottage cheese Double, hardboiled egg, spicy pumpkin seeds

S: apples and PB, Babybel

D: Applesauce chicken, steamed carrots 

S: Skinnypop and Cool Whip FroYo

TOTALS: Calories 1194, Protein 73, Carbs 92, Fat 64

V/W: started

E: rest day, my parents are in town babysitting my nieces so I'm going to have dinner with them

Make good choices! My mom used to say this to my sister and me as we were leaving to go out with friends when we were teenagers. It made my groan then, though looking back it really was a good admonishment. It seems a fitting sign off to this post AND it makes me think of my lovely mama, so I'll use it!

RNY @ Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia with Dr. Tatyan Clark 3/18/2014

AngryViking
on 10/22/14 10:47 pm, edited 10/22/14 11:16 pm
RNY on 07/17/14

"Make good choices" makes me think of Pitch Perfect.  LOL  I love that movie.  Anny, that sucks about the foamies.  Do you know what caused it?  Did you eat anything different?  I hope you're feeling better today.  You know, I get the feeling that this post-surgery learning curve is going to last a long long time.  Every time I think I have it all figured out, my body reminds me to calm the eff down.  I struggle with being mindful of what/when/how I'm eating sometimes.  And yay, you found the YoCrunch!  It's yummy, right?  

B:  coffee and L&F Greek Caramel Apple Pie

S:  1/2 White Chocolate Raspberry Quest Bar.  Trying a new flavor!

L:  3oz shrimp with ****tail sauce

D:  Turkey bacon/cheddar frittata with baked acorn squash

S:  Fiber Gourmet everything crackers with a wedge of laughing cow

As always, my menu is tentative at best.  I log in the morning but more often than not, I don't eat the snacks I plan.

TOTALS:  Cals:  751  Protein:  65  Carbs:  64  Fat:  32

Have a great day my fellow menu minions! 

kbb0185
on 10/22/14 11:06 pm
RNY on 07/15/14

You have the fanciest dinners planned, I love it!  I am a shameful cook...I need to start experimenting more.  I tried the cookies and cream quest bar yesterday and it was delish!  I got a variety pack and it has the white chocolate raspberry one too, let me know if you like it!

Surgery Date: 07/15/2014

Dcgirl
on 10/23/14 5:00 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

KBB I feel the same way!  I am always so envious of her menu, especially when I had a protein bar for lunch and am having two chicken sausage links for dinner.  I like to cook but cooking for one person makes it hard.  I made some turkey chili this past weekend, ate it for 4 meals, and have about 6 left in the freezer!

kbb0185
on 10/23/14 5:10 am
RNY on 07/15/14

I cook for my husband and my daughter, and have a protein shake myself.  I could do without dinner most days!

AngryViking
on 10/23/14 5:14 am, edited 10/23/14 5:15 am
RNY on 07/17/14

White chocolate raspberry is a hit!  There've been some I haven't cared for, but this one is top 3 for sure.  As for my menu, I love to cook!  I spend a lot of time making menus and scouring the web/cookbooks for my next "experiment".  The frittata is super easy, really.  It just sounds fancy.  LOL

kbb0185
on 10/22/14 11:06 pm
RNY on 07/15/14

You have the fanciest dinners planned, I love it!  I am a shameful cook...I need to start experimenting more.  I tried the cookies and cream quest bar yesterday and it was delish!  I got a variety pack and it has the white chocolate raspberry one too, let me know if you like it!

AnnyBananny
on 10/23/14 12:00 am - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

OMG, AV, I looooove Pitch Perfect (can't wait for the new one!!!), but I don't remember that line at all.

I'm with kbb, your dinner sounds delicious!!!

RNY @ Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia with Dr. Tatyan Clark 3/18/2014

mamata2
on 10/23/14 1:16 am

I love the white chocolate raspberry Quest bars!  Along with cookie dough and cookies & cream.  Deseert with protein is awesome :)

NYMom222
on 10/23/14 7:06 am
RNY on 07/23/14

Having the foamies stinks! I hate to say it it but I had the foamies several times when I was making the transition to real food. I came to the conclusion the reason I got food stuck and therefore had the foamies was: 1) I ate too fast 2) I didn't chew enough 3)the food was too dry.... or a combo of 2 or 3 of those... and usually because I was distracted. Glad you got past it.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 433 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 390 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 325 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 430 views