What's on your menu today, RNYers?

Dcgirl
on 10/23/14 2:44 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Hi menu friends,

Huge milestone/NSV today for me!  I ran for the first time last week you may recall (5 minutes walking then 5 minutes running, then 4 of each, 3 of each, 2 of each).  Today at the gym I planned out 30 minutes on the treadmill before my session with my trainer and I started by walking for 5 minutes.  Then the plan was to run for 5 minutes but when that 5 minutes was up, I wasn't gasping for breath so I kept going.  I ran for 15 minutes!!!  I know this is not a marathon by any means but damn it felt good.  I swear I can't believe the person I am coming.

Another sort of NSV is that my new Naturalizer Johanna Wideshaft knee high boots arrived and they fit!  I feel like they make my knees look fat (weird, I know) and it's sad to be in a size 10 pants and still need wide boots, but hey, it's not like I could wear knee-high boots last year so I guess it's kind of an NSV!

I am in our DC office today for meetings and lunch is totally TBD (not sure if we will run out for something or if I will head home momentarily and eat there) but here are my eats for the day:

Time Since Surgery: 10 months, 1.5 weeks (weight is holding and I am freaking 1 lb away from losing 200 lbs!)

B: Chike, coffee with french vanilla creamer

S: 2 oz of Boar's Head turkey and pepperjack cheese

L: TBD

D: Two Trader Joe's jalapeño chicken sausages

S2: TBD

E: 30 minutes treadmill, 30 minutes personal training

Totals are 700 calories, 69 g protein, 31 g carbs but it's all going to change when I add lunch and likely an evening snack after this happy hour I am attending.

(deactivated member)
on 10/23/14 4:42 am

That's awesome Em that you ran.I can't even imagine.It is great you are in a size 10.Don't let the wide calf boot thing bother you my daughter who is like a size 4 or 6 has to buy wide calf boots.

AZPatty
on 10/23/14 9:29 am
RNY on 02/25/14

You are going to get addicted to running!  I never thought I would run but I love how it makes me feel after I am finished.  Great Work Em!

karenp8
on 10/23/14 11:15 am - Brighton, IL

I wish I could run,but it's a big nono after knee replacements. So I just walk 4 or more miles really fast!

Dodgergirl27
on 10/23/14 3:06 am
RNY on 01/22/14

Good Morning Everyone,

Works has been crazy busy, so this will be short.  Hope everyone is doing well and having a great week,

Time since surgery: 9 months

B - 1/2 serving of somersaults

S - Kay's Naturals Jalapeno Honey Mustard pretzels

L - TJ citrus chicken salad w/ extra chicken

D - W/ Friends at Chipotle, so I'll get a chicken bowl w/ no rice extra veggies

W/V - On track

E - None planned, although I feel like I need to get some kickboxing in, this week is making me crazy and I think it'd be good to get the aggression out :)

Have a great day everyone!

AnnyBananny
on 10/23/14 3:08 am - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

How are you and Tootsie Roll Fairy doing?

RNY @ Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia with Dr. Tatyan Clark 3/18/2014

Dodgergirl27
on 10/23/14 3:11 am
RNY on 01/22/14

hahaha...I gave in yesterday :(, but held strong today!  So improvement...

karenp8
on 10/23/14 4:14 am - Brighton, IL

I am pretty sure that tiny Halloween candy bars are tools of the devil! Gloomy day here in Illinois too. Lily and I did 4 miles at the park this morning and sometime this afternoon I will do 20 minutes on the bike too. Had a big NSV yesterday with my 30 day shred DVD. I was able to do all of level on the advanced level for the first time ever! I never thought I would be able to do basic planks,much less advanced ones! Post op almost 26 months and weight at 120.2 today. On track with vitamins and fluids and here's the eats:B 1/2 c steel cut oats with nuts and half a banana with peanut butter L small lunch able(on the run) and 1/2 c Greek yogurt S whole grain crackers with peanut butter D 31/2 oz cod and 1/2 c butternut squash S Greek yogurt with nuts. Hope everyone has a great day!

NYMom222
on 10/23/14 7:32 am
RNY on 07/23/14

I know I am late to the party, but this is still my favorite post on OH. It is my 3 month surgiversary and I am down a total of 74 pounds pre and post op. Woot!Woot!  I was shooting for 75, but close enough. :) Went to the surgeon for follow up yesterday. I need to up my protein because my protein was on the low side and lower than last time. I also told him I have an uncomfortable feeling when I eat, esp. more solid foods. SO he told me to up the prilosec and to take tums during the day and come back in 2 weeks. See if that helps, if not he wants to do an endoscopy. We will see.

B: Fit Frappe made with milk

S; Kay's Naturals pretzels

L: Trader Joe's Mandarin Chicken, salad with pear vinegrette

S: Wasa cracker with Peanut butter and banana

D: 2 Trader Joe Chicken Sausage (found one with cranberry and apple I think) with peppers, onion and spinach

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

cargriton
on 10/23/14 10:51 am - exeter, PA

Hi, its been awhile since I have been here, everyone is doing great. But I do have a question what is cool whip Fro yo?? lol

Most Active
Recent Topics