What's on your menu today, RNYers?

(deactivated member)
on 10/29/14 1:13 am

Good morning hope you all are doing well. I was bad this morning I never got out of bed till nine. I did go to bed very late.My husband is traveling. One thing I didn't do was eat because he wasn't here. I did have a snack at night but it was planned. 

B:Eggs with bacon

S:none since I got up so late

L:Yogurt with almonds

D:Salad with steak.I am going to get it take out for my dinner tonight.

Exercise I am cleaning my furniture with one of those Bissel cleaners. Vitamins are in. Water is going down. One thing I did eat yesterday that was so good was a Fiber one ginger bread bar. It was so good. I am not sure if you are better off just eating a regular cookie.

Well have a good day.The leaves are beautiful today I may take a ride.

AngryViking
on 10/29/14 1:17 am
RNY on 07/17/14

I love those Fiber One bars; I've never seen the gingerbread, though.  I'll have to be on the lookout!  My son always wants the lemon ones in his lunch.  I prefer the chocolate brownie.

(deactivated member)
on 10/29/14 1:30 am

The gingerbread ones are addicting.I may by the small box from the regular store instead of buying them from Costco.The were so good.

(deactivated member)
on 10/29/14 1:47 am
RNY on 11/17/14

I've never seen the Gingerbread before. I'm on a search to save a box for when I can eat them. 

Dodgergirl27
on 10/29/14 1:44 am
RNY on 01/22/14

Good Morning Everyone,

I feel the scale issues.  I almost went into a complete panic last month, b/c I only lost 5 lbs (and I still feel so far away from goal...at the time 50 lbs away).  Now, b/c I've been sick, my body has dropped almost that much in the last 3 days.  My fear is that it is all water weight, or do to the fact that my calories have been low b/c I just havent' been able to eat (I have however, been drinking a ton of water).  Only time will tell.  Which also does make me think about adjusting my calories back down during weight loss (I've been b/w 700 - 800 cals the last few days).  The other thing is, I havent' been thinking about protein at all (I know horrible) and my carbs have been up (b/w 75 - 100).  So, the mysteries of all this are making my brain spin, how can I keep up the weight loss, after such a horrible month with so little scale movement, but also increase my cals (because god knows I don't want to be eating only 1000 cals in maintenence).  Man, talk about WLS problems...lol!  

Time since surgery: 9 mo, 1 wk

B - Oatmeal w/ chia seeds, almonds and raspberries (I've been craving oatmeal lately...it's not even cold here.  I"m not sure what that's all about, but I've been eating it and losing, so I figure I'll just go with it).

L - TBD (work lunch, prob. soup or something)

D - TJ's meatloaf (I had this last night for dinner and it was so filling and had great protein #'s)

W/V - On track

E - None planned

Have a great day everyone!

karenp8
on 10/29/14 2:30 am - Brighton, IL

I wonder if we will always have a love/hate relationship with the scale. I only weighed weekly when I was in weight loss mode and did okay with that,but now that I am in maintenance I weigh daily to help me adjust my calories and exercise to stay at 120. I've found that when I have several lower calorie days in a row(for instance when I eat lots of fish) I still lose weight. Today my weight was 118.6 so I will give the fish a break. My husband is working in New Orleans right now and has been gone for 7 weeks and its hard to cook for a person who eats 1 cup of food. I've been doing fish a lot because I lover it and he is not a huge fan. I usually get at least two meals out of one batch too! On track with vitamins and fluids so far and walked 3 miles with Li!y at the park. Also have finished level 3 of 30 day shred and feeling really strong and healthy today! Post op 26 months today too! Here's my food: B1/2 csteel cut oats with nuts and half a banana with peanut butter L 31/2 oz tilapia(last of it) and 1/2 c Greek yogurt S Greek yogurt D 31/2 oz turkey burger with cheese and 1/2 c cauliflower with cheese S oats with peanut butter. Hope everyone has a great day!

AZPatty
on 10/29/14 4:30 am
RNY on 02/25/14

Great job on your running. I didn't like running the first three months I started. I just did it because I needed to do some exercise so I stRted with the couch to 5k. Now I like it because I get up and do it first thing in the morning and it is done in 50 min. I don't have to drive anywhere to do it and it is free. I love how it changes the shape of your body pretty quickly.

I run four days a week and go to the gym 2 days a week. The sad part is I am considering giving up the gym because i have to do that at night after work. I try to talk myself out of going every time because with travel time and class time and elliptical time it takes 3 hrs of my evening. I burn the same amount of calories running for an hour. Still trying to weigh this all out. 

NYMom222
on 10/29/14 4:35 am
RNY on 07/23/14

Always love reading these posts. Yay! Annie on running. I always contemplate whether I could be one of those people. :) A bunch of people from the support group regularly do 5ks... some walk and some run. Trying to decide if I am going to jump in and try. Feeling all over the place. Last week when I had my 3 month check-up the surgeon was asking me how I was doing...I mentioned I have a hard time eating more solid foods, not pain but it's uncomfortable. He got upset thinking I might have some kind of irritation/leading to an ulcer...told me to up Prilosec and take tums. It was helping about 50%... Monday night I had some twangs of pain and I was feeling a little tender. So I went back Tuesday. Surgeon was thinking he would like to do an endoscopy. He went and talked to the head surgeon (both did my surgery) and he took more of a wait and see attitude. I was OK with that, When he was questioning me he asked if it was when I eat a lot... I said no, it could just be two or three bites. The head surgeon responded with 2 or 3 bites is a lot for someone with bypass. Really? yes in the beginning but at 3+ months out. To me 3 bites is like 1-2 Tablespoons. Made me start to question myself. AM I eating too much? But then how do I get all the protein in? I also was told to up my protein last week.Mentioned it at support group and others did not seem to agree with the three bites. Just feeling a little befuddled...

B: Cottage cheese Pineapple

S: vanilla protein drink

L; Cranberry Almond Chicken Salad cup - Costco, salad

S: Bagel thin, whipped cream cheese

D: Premier Protein Drink

876 Cal,  82 Carb, 90 protein

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Bubbles314
on 10/29/14 12:02 pm - Kalamazoo, MI
RNY on 10/06/14

Hi everyone, I waited to enter my info because I was running around all day.  I noticed everyone appears a lot busier than I am most days. I don't always have plans. 

B:  Fuzzy Naval protein shake          100 cal, 23 protein

S:  Riccotta bake 1/2 cup                150 cal, 12 protein

L:   Chili  1/2 cup                           173 cal, 10.5 ? protein

S:   applesauce cup                       50 cal, 0 protein

mozzzerella cheese                 64 cal, 6 protein

D:  tbd       maybe Panera soup 1/2 cup     110 cal. 2.5 protein

v/w   in

E      done

Hope everyone had a good day          

Most Active
Recent Topics