What's on your menu today, RNYers?

NYMom222
on 11/3/14 12:39 am, edited 11/3/14 12:50 am
RNY on 07/23/14

Haha... I like your- when you are eating popcorn you have a stomach the size of a garbage bag- I find it so funny how some days I can barely eat... and other days I get worried because it is all going down a little too easy. I don't know how many carbs you are eating, but I read an article on Bariatric Eating that said around 75 carbs a day is the sweet spot for weight loss long-term. 

http://www.bariatriceating.com/2014/04/20/bariatric-carbsense-why-carbs-matter-even-when-calories-are-low/

I think it is 'normal' (I use that loosely) to eat more on special occasions, holidays etc. Naturally thin eaters just don't stay in that mode. You are doing amazing.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

AnnyBananny
on 11/3/14 1:51 am - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Great infographic, thanks for sharing this!

And your point about naturally thin eaters is such an important one. I always say I'm striving for a healthy relationship with food and I think this speaks directly to it. Eating a little extra to celebrate Halloween or my mom's birthday is/was fine - but it was the "Oh on Monday I'll really get back on track" mentality that wasn't so great....

RNY @ Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia with Dr. Tatyan Clark 3/18/2014

AnnyBananny
on 11/3/14 1:47 am - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Seriously - knowing WHAT to do and DOING it are two such totally different things. But I'm sure we all struggled with that in the past - we didn't get to the point of needing WLS by not knowing that eating an entire extra pizza in one sitting and washing it down with a Coke was a bad nutritional decision...

But here we are - on the post - helping one another stay accountable!

robinreinhardt
on 11/3/14 3:02 am

Hi Em,

You are just one excercising machine. Very interesting about the drinks that you had. I love taquilla and wondered what would happen. I am so excited. I have my surgery date for Dec. 15. I have been waiting for 1 year. The insurance and I needed a bmi of 40. Since i don't have any other issues. Thanks so much for all of your posts. I am so proud of you. Have a great week.

Robin

kbb0185
on 11/2/14 11:03 pm
RNY on 07/15/14

Morning Everyone!  I am so sleepy today, and I really shouldn't be because we got an extra hour of sleep over the weekend!  Did horrible with the exercise last week, but this week is a new week.  I didn't have a single bite of Halloween candy, and I baked chocolate chip cookies with my daughter and didn't touch those either.  I am still too scared to try sugar.  I did have 3 or 4 glasses of wine over the weekend though, but that's okay, it was planned.

I am feeling like I want to crawl back into bed right now, and nauseous from my vitamins :(  Hopefully this will fade.  I have my four month checkup with my surgeon next Friday, so I am going to try and get blood taken today.  

Breakfast Calories Carbs Fat Protein Sodium Sugar
Quest Bar - Cookies and Cream, 60 g 190 22 7 21 310 1  
Dunkin Donuts - Medium Iced Latte With Skim Milk, 16 oz 120 19 0 10 170 15  
Add Food  Quick Tools 310 41 7 31 480 16  
Lunch
Panera - Broccoli Cheddar Soup (Cup), 1 Cup 220 15 14 9 930 0  
Add Food  Quick Tools 220 15 14 9 930 0  
Dinner
Premier Nutrition - Ready to Drink Chocolate Protein Shake, 1 Shake 12oz 160 5 3 30 360 1  
Add Food  Quick Tools 160 5 3 30 360 1  
Snacks
Cracker Barrel Cracker Cuts - Extra Sharp Cheddar Cheese, 4 slices 140 0 12 7 200 0  
Add Food  Quick Tools 140 0 12 7 200 0  

Totals 830 61 36 77 1,970 17

Surgery Date: 07/15/2014

AnnyBananny
on 11/3/14 1:52 am - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Yuck! I'm sorry to hear your vitamins are still giving you such trouble - that really sucks!

Dodgergirl27
on 11/3/14 12:26 am
RNY on 01/22/14

Good Morning All,

Anny, a size 10, that's awesome!  I too, am in a 10 now, and it kind of blows my mind....like I could seriously be in single digits sometime in the near future?  Who is this girl?  That being said, I'm in a serious stall and I did gain back 2 of the lbs that I lost last week (upside is, I only gained back two so some of it was real weight loss...that's the positive spin I"m trying to put on it at least :)  I like most of you need to seriously crack down on my carbs and sweets and get my butt in gear!  My strategy is to think that I have a month until Thanksgiving, so I want to be incredibly strict with my diet and exercise, and then when Thanksgiving rolls around (my family and I are going up to Nor Cal to spend time with more family), I can take those two days in stride.  I think Holidays become a problem when they turn into a month instead of a day or two....and I indulged in Halloween for way more than a night and my weightloss for Oct was proof of that.  Time to crack down!

Time since surgery: 9.25 months

B - Fage 2% w/ Strawberry & a string cheese

L - Panera power chicken hummus bowl

S (if necessary) string cheese

D - Egg white omelette w/ onions, mushroom & cheese

W/V - On track

E - 45 min of kickboxing

Have a great week everyone!

AnnyBananny
on 11/3/14 1:56 am - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

YES! That's totally what I'm concerned about. Not the actual day of Thanksgiving - I know I can't physically eat enough to get myself into too much trouble on the one day - it's the time around it that worries me - especially the Thanksgiving-New Year's time, TERR-I-FIED!

OMG, I forgot to tell y'all - I tried to have a Panera Power Chicken Hummus bowl last weekend and it was a bust. My sister and I did an order online to pick up. So I ordered the power but asked for no tomato and no cilantro. Well when we got home it had the tomato and cilantro, but NO CHICKEN! I was soooo annoyed, but it was so crazy in the shopping center where Panera is, there was no way I was going back. I called and they credited my card instead and I just ate a yogurt from the fridge.

Hope yours actually has some chicken on it LOL.

Dodgergirl27
on 11/3/14 2:08 am
RNY on 01/22/14

That's crazy, I actually had the same problem last time I ordered it!  I got it home and it had NO chicken or Hummus (seriously, it had the spinach and cucumber and that was about it)!  I was P**SED!  So I wrote to Panera to complain (b/c I picked it up like 45 min from my house and brought it home to eat) and they actually were really nice and sent me a gift card. So, that's why I'm going there today to use the gift card!  But now that I know its a perpetual problem, I'm going to eat it at Panera instead of taking it back to the office with me, lol!

AnnyBananny
on 11/3/14 2:36 am - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Or at least check the box before leaving the premises!

Most Active