why havent I learned by NOW? Tired of SPITTING UP FOOD...my own da$# fault... RANT,

Bonnie250
on 11/3/14 8:17 am
RNY on 08/25/14

Ok, surgery was August 25th 2014. I STILL order too much food, that i can't possibly eat, Fill my plate with too much food I can't eat, Eat too fast, not chewing long enough, take too big of bites, WHAT THE %$#& is wrong with me....I end up burping up chunks of food, too much! (Sorry that's gross,) but i have a feeling i am not the ONLY one....If i eat too much,too fast, i am always sorry. I burp up mouthfuls of food. Then i have to go spit it out for the next 35-45 min.   You would think I would LEARN BETTER HABITS BY NOW...My weight loss has been great, but I gotta get better habit through my thick head...I know better! Anybody ELSE have this problem?

Bonnie

cspotrun
on 11/3/14 8:59 am
RNY on 07/01/14

wow that sounds awful.  are you measuring?  sounds like you might need to be a committed measurer.  

Karen   

Bonnie250
on 11/3/14 9:16 am
RNY on 08/25/14

probably need to do more measuring...you're right.

Bonnie

alaskasusan
on 11/3/14 9:07 am - AK
RNY on 02/11/13

Measuring is a great start...you also sound like slowing down and learning to be a 'mindful' eater will help. My friend who had RNY before me was a very fast eater, besides quantity and it took some real effort to reroute her eating habits.  One thing which she said helped her, besides using a small plate and small spoon, was to put a bright colored band on the hand she uses..but ONLY wears at meal time.  So it's a visual cue with each bite to remind her to think if she should be putting it in her mouth now or pause.  Some folks actually use a timer to count out how many seconds they want to chew on each bite...it's just a short-term tool to re-route those dendrite connections in your brain.  I hear your frustration and it CAN be overcome.  Just pause before eating, remind yourself of your rules and proceed with caution ;o)  Good luck!

Bonnie250
on 11/3/14 9:18 am
RNY on 08/25/14

and that's excellent advice....I gotta do better than this

Bonnie

Bonnie250
on 11/3/14 9:20 am
RNY on 08/25/14

good advice~ I gotta do better than this!

Bonnie

Chilipepper
on 11/3/14 10:09 am

Make a fist. That is a cup.. Aim for that

"The first thing I do in the morning is brush my teeth and sharpen my tongue." --- Dorothy Parker  

"You may not like what I say or how I say it, but it may be just exactly what you need to hear." ---Kathryn White

cspotrun
on 11/3/14 12:24 pm
RNY on 07/01/14

wow, that's a really good tip, especially for when eating out.  thanks, glad I read that!

Karen   

Bonnie250
on 11/3/14 9:46 pm
RNY on 08/25/14

Thank you, this can get annoying quick...I really need to get it under control.

Bonnie

MickeyDee
on 11/3/14 11:16 am

Sounds like your pouch is telling you NOT TO PUT SO MUCH FOOD IN THERE!!!!

It's been more than two months;  surely you've caught onto that message by now??!

You are responsible for your actions.  

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 464 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 423 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 358 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 439 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?