What's on your menu today, RNYers?

AnnyBananny
on 11/3/14 9:10 pm - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Overnight Oats are officially my fall breakfast food - delicious! I need to play with the ratios a little though, more liquid for tomorrow!

Today I have to go get a new picture taken to renew my Driver's License and I'm so excited to be my new "svelte" self for it! For once in my adult life I might actually like the picture on my ID. I'm hoping it will be an NSV, but then again, you never know with those damned DMV workers. 

Time since surgery: 7.5 months

B: Overnight Oats

S: Babybel and Garlic Parmesan Pumpkin Seeds 

L: Breakstones Cottage Cheese Double, Hardboiled Egg, Nature's Valley Granola Thin

S: YoCrunch Light YoPa Yogurt - strawberry with chocolate

D: Healthier Buffalo Chicken dip with celery and Wheat Thinables

S: Skinnypop and Cool Whip FroYo

TOTALS: Calories 1189, Protein 91, Carbs 106, Fat 53

V/W: started

E: It's BodyPump night!

I moved on to Week 2 of Couch to 5K, that means the intervals of running get longer and just 30 extra seconds is HARD-ER. But I am actually enjoying the challenge of pushing myself, so I'm going to keep going!

RNY @ Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia with Dr. Tatyan Clark 3/18/2014

AngryViking
on 11/3/14 9:38 pm
RNY on 07/17/14

I was talking about the overnight oats with my husband last night; I think I'm going to try it!   I love oatmeal and it sounds really easy to do.  Plus, I'm getting really tired of yogurt every morning. 

I have a NSV to report!  For the first time in at least 6 years (likely longer than that) I was able to remove the engagement ring part of my wedding set.  My wedding band is still holding fast for now, but getting the diamond off was pretty cool.  And then I saw how dirty it was and immediately threw it into the jewelry cleaner for a good scrub.  LOL

B:  coffee and an EVOL egg white, kale, roasted tomato and goat cheese breakfast sandwich. 

L:  L&F Greek yogurt (yawn) and 1/2 apple pumpkin gingerbread muffin

S:  Breakstone cottage cheese single

D:  Takeout!  I'm having wonton/egg drop soup and some steamed edamame

TOTALS:  Cals:  749  Protein:  53  Carbs:  77  Fat:  24

AnnyBananny
on 11/4/14 1:17 am - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Definitely give the overnight oats a try! I think I posted yesterday that I'm using 1/4 cup rolled oats, 1/4 cup greek yogurt, and 1/4 cup skim milk as the base. I think I'm going to try 1/3 cup greek yogurt tomorrow and see if the consistency is a little less stiff. On Saturday I made it with apple pie yogurt and that gave it a nice flavor. Yesterday I used 1T of PB2 and that was DELICIOUS! This morning I just used plain vanilla yogurt and it was fine - but having an add in is definitely nice.

AngryViking
on 11/4/14 1:28 am, edited 11/4/14 1:29 am
RNY on 07/17/14

Oooo.  This is happening.

Carrot Cake Overnight Protein Oatmeal

kbb0185
on 11/4/14 2:03 am
RNY on 07/15/14

OMG that looks delish.  I have to try this.  I haven;t tried oatmeal post op.  How does it sit?  is it heavy?

Surgery Date: 07/15/2014

queenbmamafranks
on 11/4/14 1:31 am
RNY on 12/19/13

I'm going to have to try this! Just put is in a glass and let it set overnight?

AnnyBananny
on 11/4/14 1:35 am - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Yep, I used a mason jar, any container would do. I put it together in the evening when I'm planning the next day's menu and throw it in the fridge. Then I zap it for about 1.5 minutes in the morning to heat it up!

queenbmamafranks
on 11/4/14 8:08 am
RNY on 12/19/13

I found a recipe for pb cookie protein oatmeal. Just made it and licked the spoon and it was yummy! Can't wait to try it in the morning. I eat a banana and yogurt every morning so I'm ready for a change!

JAMStribe
on 11/4/14 5:42 am, edited 11/4/14 5:46 am

I love them. My favorite so far is apple yogurt with pieces of apple on top and blueberrry yogurt with frozen blueberries on top

I tried the banana PB one and it was overkill for me.  Try using coconut milk with pineapple.. thats yummy too

I usually make 2-3 at a time and its a quick grab and go breakfast for me.

oh and I add 1 1/2tsp chia seeds for extra protein!!

karenp8
on 11/3/14 10:43 pm - Brighton, IL

I hear you on the drivers liscense picture. I was excited when I could put my actual weight on there and not be embarrassed. That was a victory too! Angry Viking,your muffin sounds delicious. I am happy to see you both are liking the oatmeal too. It is my standard go to for breakfast because I love how it keeps me feeling full and warm for a long time. Raining right now here so no walk yet but hopefully this afternoon it will let up. If not,there's always the treadmill. Somehow I will get in 4 miles and 20 minutes on the bike too. On track with vitamins and fluids and weight at 120. I've been maintaining well between 119 and 121 lately without any tweaking. Here's today's food: B 1/2 c steel cut oats with nuts and half a banana with peanut butter L 1/2 c chicken salad and Greek yogurt S apple with peanut butter D 31/2 oz parmesan tilapia and 1/2 c spinach S Greek yogurt with nuts. Heading off to vote and run some errands in a minute. Everybody have a great day full of mindful choices!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 428 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 385 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 303 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 427 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 303 views