10 days post op

chellenc
on 11/27/14 4:06 am
RNY on 11/17/14

Well it's Thanksgiving and all I can have is broth and G2 but hopefully it will get better. I am thankful the surgery was successful with not alot of nausea or pain. I know this is just a stage and when I can start having real food will feel better but this is so hard right here during Thanksgiving. Anyone else fresh out of surgery 1-2 weeks?

Michelle in NC

mschwab
on 11/27/14 5:59 am
RNY on 11/21/14

I had surgery 9/21. I've opted out of all Thanksgiving celebrations. I am enjoying the quiet day and a delicious dinner of Premier Protein and broth.  Plenty of time for turkey in the future.

Height: 5'7".  HW: 299, Program starting weight: 290, SW: 238, CW 138 - 12 pounds under goal!  

Browneyedgirl33
on 11/27/14 6:05 am

I had mine on the 17th of this month so I am right there with you.  I cooked whole meal for my two girls today but couldn't eat any.  But I have been so nauseous and all that I haven't even wanted food.  I cant wait till I at least feel a little normal again.  I didn't realize it would be so hard.  But looks like it will take time to get where I want and need to be.  Maybe we can encourage one another.

mdaggett
on 11/27/14 6:41 am
RNY on 11/19/14

I had mine on the 19th so I also opted out of the Thanksgiving celebration.  I am also very thankful for so many things, one of them being having an understanding family that allowed me to stay home and enjoy a day of peace and quiet while they all enjoyed the food portion of the holiday.  :)  

Michele

http://stuffmybrainthinks.com/

H/W 297 S/W 244 C/W 234 G/W 148

cknapek
on 11/27/14 6:45 am - Shabbona, IL
RNY on 11/21/14

Nobody pureed anything from dinner? I figured at level 2 diet on Saturday I'd be thrilled to puree some ham and broccoli for like a soup thing... I keep coming onto here to see what people did for today's  meal 

Lady_bugg
on 11/27/14 1:52 pm
RNY on 11/18/14

I had my surgery on Nov 18th. We chose not to cook at home this year and I sent my fiance and the kids to his dads for the meal. I am on full liquids right now so tomato soup is my new favorite. Had that today and my protein shakes.

(deactivated member)
on 11/28/14 1:58 am
RNY on 11/17/14

I had mine on the same day as you. I had a bit of mashed potatoes thinned with fat free gravy, and some super steamed carrots mashed very well. Followed by a protein shake about an hour or so after. 

It was kind of hard being around so much food, but I also knew my body could not tolerate it at all. My nutritionist said if I puree turkey very fine I can try it. So I may make a turkey salad out of leftovers today to try it.

Bagspacked
on 11/28/14 11:20 am

I had RNY on 11/21 (last Friday). I really didn't miss the 2000+ calories that I have probably consumed each Thanksgiving in the past. Yesterday was protein supplements as usual. I am thankful to have received this opportunity, and there's always next year. I did go to my post-op today and had Greek yogurt for dinner tonight. Sure tasted good. I'm not going to miss anything. I have had enough food for one person thus far, and now need to save some for the rest of the world. Good luck in your journey!

Jenbg
on 11/30/14 1:56 am - London, Canada

I started my 3rd week post op on Friday :)

Jennifer Buckley-Golder * Hamilton, On CANADA * Revision Surgery Date: November 14, 2014 (stapeling to RNY) * down 50 lbs Jan 12, 2015 *

catalina07
on 11/30/14 9:43 pm - NY
Revision on 11/20/14

I am also 10 says post-op and on liquids. Thanksgiving I had a little pureed soup. then had a little more later. that was it. Honestly wasnt that bad being around the food. Havent even felt well enough to think about eating at that point. I am just now starting to countdown the days to mushy food.

Revision: Band to Bypass - 11/20/14

Lap Band - 7/30/07 

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 465 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 425 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 358 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 440 views
Recent Topics