How do you get calories and protein all in a day?

ginanelson
on 11/30/14 11:55 am - toledo, OH

How did you get the calories and protein you needed in a day?   I was told I need 500 to 600 calories while losing the weight and 150 grams of protein BECAUSE MY LABS SHOW PROTEIN IS TOO LOW    And I should do it with no more than 1 protein drink a day    I'm finding this to be really hard  I'm 9 months and 20 days post op  For the last 4 days I've been trying to do it with one protein drink a day and I'm only getting 340 calories and 67 to 69 grams of protein   Only eating 1 oz three times a day every 5 hours  I'm staying full and eating by the clock not because I wish to eat

poet_kelly
on 11/30/14 12:01 pm - OH

Then I'd add another protein shake.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

ginanelson
on 11/30/14 12:07 pm - toledo, OH

Thanks for the reply

poet kelly

MickeyDee
on 11/30/14 12:46 pm

I was told not to worry about calories;  the important thing is the correct amount of protein intake.

If you're at a good protein intake rate, and staying hydrated, and eating correctly, then don't fret about calories unless you dip everything in oil and suck that down.

Adjust your intake as needed.   

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 438 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 393 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 328 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 430 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?