Hello! Wish me luck!

Pokemom
on 12/11/14 3:01 pm
RNY on 12/29/14

Hi everyone. I have been lurking on these forums as I have been preparing for RNY surgery since March.  I have been so inspired by what I have read.  Thanks to all.

My surgery is scheduled for Dec 29.  I am just squeaking in before our insurance deductible resets!

i am excited and nervous.

I am also tired.  I mean emotionally tired.  After so many years of working on my weight, I find myself feeling, "what difference will that make?"  The very wrong attitude to have as I prepare to take this huge step.  But I guess it is this exhaustion from decades of trying, that caused me to finally (symbolically) throw myself prostrate of the ground and admit i cannot manage my weight  without help, and that caused me to look into bariatric surgery. 

For so many years, I beat myself up with the thought, "if you keep doing what you have always done, you will keep getting the same results."  So I would diet ever more carefully, exercise even more, with little result, especially as I have gotten older.  

Fmally I decided that the ever-more dieting and exercise was actually just more of what I had always done, and that I needed a comlete paradigm shift, that I needed to do somethig radically different if i wanted radically different results.  I am not saying careful eating and exercise are not part of it, just that they were not enough for me, and I finally accepted that.

My problem now, though, is emotional fatigue from it all.  I have done all the prep to qualify and to have the insurance pay for it.  I have done the 3mos diet.  Now, I am so unmotivated. I have been so disciplined in the past, but with little success.  How do I tap in again to that energy and focus again, so I can be successful?

Thanks!

iloveravens
on 12/12/14 1:20 am
RNY on 08/13/14

Congrats on your upcoming surgery.  Follow your surgeon's plan and you won't be disappointed.  You've got this.

Lanie; Age: 43; Surgery Date (VSG): 8/12/14 w/complications resulting in RNY next day;

Height: 5' 6" SW: 249 Comfort Zone: 135-140 CW: 138 (10/13/17)

M1: -25 lbs M2: -12 M3: -13 M4: -7 M5: -11 M6: -10 M7: -7 M8: -7 M9: -3 M10: -8 M11: -4 M12: -4

5K PR - 24:15 (4/23/16) First 10K - 53:30 (10/18/15)

Pokemom
on 12/13/14 5:28 am
RNY on 12/29/14

Thanks, iloveravens!  I know I can follow a plan.  That was just what I needed to hear.  :-)

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 452 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 409 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 348 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 436 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 348 views