What's on your menu Thursday, RNYers? It's selfie day!

AnnyBananny
on 1/7/15 7:50 pm - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Ok, it doesn't have to be a selfie, but if you can, post of a picture of yourself today! We all got to know one another a little better yesterday with bios - so fun - but now let's put faces with all these names! Oh! And remind us when you had your surgery and if you'd like to, how much you've lost.

I'm 9 months post op and down 130+ plans. I'm about 6.5 pounds from my goal and it's been very slow going the last few weeks, but I've got faith that I can get there.

Here I am baking cookies at Christmas, please note that I'm using a beer bottle as a rolling pin LOL - my sister couldn't find hers. The second is me with Mr. Ikea on a short hike on New Year's Day.

Time since surgery: 9+ months

B: Quest Bar, I have an early meeting and need it to be on the run

S: L&F Greek yogurt, too much coffee

L: Zucchini noodle lasagna and sweetened ricotta

D: more TJ's chicken sausage

S: PowerCrunch bar, maybe SkinnyPop

TOTALS: Calories 1077, Protein 84, Carbs 78, Fat 58

V/W: starting right now

E: official rest Day

I'm headed out for a busy, busy day - so I look forward to checking out all the pictures later on. The post has been so hopping the last couple days, here's to another one.

Make good choices!

RNY @ Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia with Dr. Tatyan Clark 3/18/2014

Gohopchick
on 1/7/15 8:24 pm - United Kingdom

Me and my very sweet husband of 16 1/2 years, who has loved me through thin and thick and thin and thick and thin and thick!

I had my RNY on Nov 26, so 6 weeks ago. Just coming off the 3 week (6 week) stall, so weight loss is really slow right now.  But I am a lightweight, so maybe slow is the way it's gonna go.  Just focusing on my protein and fluid goals. I have a bad cold, so not sure how much of this I will actually be able to eat - but I'll try.

B - 3 ricotta pancakes

SN - 1 slice Ham, 1/2 oz cheese, 1 slice avacado, 1/2 c blueberries

L - 1/2c chili

sn - 1/2 c lentil soup

D - philly cheese stuffed peppers (thanks Eggface!)

sn - protein ice cream (I haaate protein shakes, but I can eat them as ice cream.  weird)

Calories 713, Protien 73, Carbs 66 Fat 26

Fluids and vits!  I didn't get all my calcium yesterday, so will work on that today.  Other than that, met goals.

(deactivated member)
on 1/7/15 8:58 pm

Good morning. I am posting a before and after. I sometimes need to see them to keep me motivated.

B:Vanilla protein shake

S:Yogurt with some special K protein cereal

L:Stuffed pepper soup

D:Chicken with apples and broccoli

S:Yogurt if I need it

Vitamins are in for the morning water is going down.Exercise I am running up and down the stairs.

Have a great day.

selhard
on 1/7/15 10:45 pm - MN
RNY on 11/26/12

Offtopic, are you lucky enough to live in a brick house?  They are rare in northern Minnesota, except on the Iron Range,  but I love, love, love them!  I'm also jealous of having the ability to post photos, too :/ 

(deactivated member)
on 1/7/15 10:50 pm

It is only brick on the one half. I grew up in a all brick house in Bucks County Pa. I love brick houses. 

AZPatty
on 1/7/15 9:09 pm
RNY on 02/25/14

Good Morning.  By the time I got home from work yesterday the post was dead so I will introduce myself this morning. 

My name is Patty.  I am 50 years old and for the first time in about 10 years I feel so much younger than that. I live in sunny Arizona (yesterday the temp was 78).   I have been teaching third grade for 28 years.  I love my job with the kids and the summers aren't too bad either!  This is my 27th year of being married and we have one daughter.  She just turned 18 last week and will be heading to college in the fall.  I don't know where the time goes.  I have always loved to shop but the addiction is really bad now that I can go in any store and find clothes.  My husband fuels this addiction with me by telling me to buy everything that I try on.  He is a great shopping partner. 

I took this selfie this morning so not the best. 

B:  premier protein, tea

S:  Caramel apple pie greek yogurt

L:  turkey meatloaf and WW string cheese

D:  Not sure as we are going to see a play and will find a place to eat downtown

selhard
on 1/7/15 10:38 pm - MN
RNY on 11/26/12

Trying to stay positive:  Put a negative sign in front of your Arizona temperature and our Minnesota windchill temperature would almost match yours! 

karenp8
on 1/7/15 10:15 pm - Brighton, IL

No good at posting pics on here so you will have to pretend unless my son can figure it out for me. Feels like nine below here today so my 4 miles will be done indoors on the treadmill. Maybe tomorrow or Saturday I can head outdoors again. Will do level 3 if 30 day shred here in a minute. On track with vitamins and fluids and weight at 121.8. Twenty eight months post op. Heres the food for today: B 1/2 c steel cut oats with seeds and nuts and half a banana with peanut butter L31/2 oz salmon with 1/2 c sweet potatoes S Greek yogurt D 31/2 oz ground beef and cheese with 1/2 c sweet potatoes S greek yogurt with nuts. Hope everyone has a great day!

karenp8
on 1/7/15 10:19 pm - Brighton, IL

Just figured out that if you click on my name it will take you to my page,where there is a couple pictures of me. Just don't know how to transfer them to here. Sorry!

Dcgirl
on 1/7/15 10:32 pm - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

I loved loved loved seeing all the bios yesterday!!!

I have to say - there seems to be an inordinate amount of people on here in "helping" jobs - nurses, teachers, social workers.  My curiosity is getting the best of me and I am now wondering if people who do everything for everyone else tend to not take care of themselves (and end up obese) or if people who are obese go into helping jobs lol.  Either way, a lot of you do a lot for your communities and the next generation, so YAY!

Here was me the day of surgery and then maybe one and two months post-op.

Here is a pic of me last week in Tunisia (OMG how sad...I was in Tunisia last week and today I am huddled by a space heater in Washington DC working on PowerPoint).

I had surgery on December 16th, 2013 and I weighed 351 lbs the day of surgery (all time high was 369 which seems INSANE to even type).  Today, I weigh 153.4.  My personal goal is 145.  And YES Anny, these last 8.4 lbs seem to be very elusive...

My menu today is all over the place.  I am going out for dinner to Greek so I will have some chicken and some of the spreads.  I am going to avoid the delicious flatbreads - I had a little bread last night and WHOA stomach ache + foamies.  Good deterrent!

B: Coffee with fat free half and half and splenda; 3.5 oz of Costco rotisserie chicken salad (still working my way through this bucket!)

L: Rotisserie chicken salad

S: Sweet peppers from the olive bar stuffed with goat cheese

D: Greek food out!

Totals will be around 1,400 or 1,500 calories and close to 100 g of protein.

Can't wait to see everyone's selfies!  Have a great day and STAY WARM!  The Today Show said 200 million Americans are under a cold weather advisory or warning today.  And I know that with our diminished padding, we are colder than most ;)  Em

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 466 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 425 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 358 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 441 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 358 views