Stupid plateau!

CindyLu71
on 1/14/15 2:19 am - TX

I know this is not a new subject, but I cant find the post for these. 5 weeks out from RNY tomorrow. Hit plateau, and trying to keep my chin up. This is my second surgery, My first was a sleeve. I quit losing with the sleeve, had the RNY, and cannot help but be worried about stalls. How long do they normally last?? Still have pain in left side from surgery, . When does it all come together?  I am doing my protein and water, and doing all the things I am told.  Thanks!

Mybratboys3
on 1/14/15 4:26 am

I'm not much help, but I had my RNY a month ago today. I haven't lost but a pound or 2 in the last week, for a total of 24 pounds in 1 month. I don't think that's very good but idk. I had zero pain from surgery day so I'm lucky in that respect however I'm not able to get anything down but skim milk, water, tea and applesauce. I just ordered some "new whey" that has 42g of protein in 3.8oz so I'm hoping that will help. Keep your chin up !!! 

CindyLu71
on 1/14/15 5:05 am - TX

hey thanks for the reply! I am 5 weeks, and have lost 18 pounds. so it sounds like you have done well! I am also having problems with anything that is not a liquid, Just ordered some hotchocolate with 15 gr. of protein, and it taste pretty good! Funny I just started having trouble with the more solid stuff. I was eating cottage cheese, but for some reason , I am not able to get it down now. so back to liquid. 

Mybratboys3
on 1/14/15 5:51 am

everything turns my stomach.... I don't like cottage cheese or yogurt so I'm screwed there LOL  I see the doc on Friday so I'm hoping he has some words of advice for me.  Do you get air bubbles in your throat when you swallow? I do , with ANYTHING water or applesauce doesn't matter. It hurts like hell and I either hiccup-burp it out or I barf. UGHHHHHH never had that problem before and WHY??? They operated on my stomach not my throat ??? 

CindyLu71
on 1/14/15 6:30 am - TX

yes! I just tried a bite of mushy potatoe, and had hiccups for an hour. It hurt worse than anything I tried. I get the air bubbles and stuff when I try anything new. I had good luck with some refried beans from Taco Bell. Ate them several times, and could not get them down yesterday. I dont get to see the do****il the 30th.

karenp8
on 1/14/15 7:24 am - Brighton, IL

CindyLu,if you were able to eat foods before and now can't please call your doctor. You could be developing a stricture so you need to let him know this. Call tomorrow and tell them please. Eating should've getting easier,not harder!

CindyLu71
on 1/14/15 7:39 am - TX

thanks for the help. I get confused on what is right and wrong anymore. Can you explain what a stricture is please. I have seen this and still do not understand.

Mybratboys3
on 1/14/15 9:22 am, edited 1/14/15 9:23 am

I'm NOTa doctor but I don't think you have stricture. It would be wayyyyyyyyy painful and not just hiccups, ya know?

CindyLu71
on 1/14/15 10:06 am - TX

I sure hope not, I have to travel 6 hrs to have anything done, I am just starting to have problems eating the yoghurt,and eggs. I was eating them earlier, and it feels like it just gets stuck. But earlier, I ate some applesauce, and a bit of cottage cheese. No problem. I just dont get it

Most Active
Recent Topics