Protein

kokosuggs
on 1/23/15 9:49 am

Im still in liquid diet phase....I understand later when we eat it must be protein first & NOT to drink 30 min b4 or after so it can be absorbed..but my question is.....If I have 2 oz of protein now, do I have to wait to drink water?    If so that means im going an hour with no liquids besides that 2 oz protein....

OR can I drink the sips of protein like I'm sipping my water?   will it make me full?

I'm trying to go by the book, or as close as I can..I just want to be healthy & not mess it up....Im afraid I'm going to stretch my pouch

RNY 1/19/15   SW 238  CW 169 GW ??

Mybratboys3
on 1/23/15 10:06 am

you can drink  the protein and water at the same time. your stomach is like a funnel w/ liquids so it shouldn't make you full (according to my surgeon)

poet_kelly
on 1/23/15 1:17 pm - OH

When you drink a protein shake, it is liquid and goes right through the pouch.  So there is no point in not drinking water or other liquids with it.

The reason for not drinking right after eating has nothing to do with absorption.  We don't absorb stuff in our pouch, we absorb it in our small intestine.  The reason for not drinking right after eating is because the liquid washes the food out of the pouch and then you can eat a lot more.  And you get hungry sooner.  But it has nothing to do with absorption.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

kokosuggs
on 1/23/15 2:51 pm

Oh thx for the info. So I can. Drink water. Popsicles. Litt protein. And NOT have to wait 30 mins.    That sounds great!   

RNY 1/19/15   SW 238  CW 169 GW ??

InTransition
on 1/24/15 7:05 am
RNY on 09/08/14

For the full liquid phase, my doc said don't worry about the 1/2 hour before 1/2 hour after thing.  Only once you move on to soft proteins.  

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 55 replies · 437 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 360 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 361 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 305 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 6 replies · 165 views
Recent Topics