weird question

kokosuggs
on 3/13/15 1:54 pm

Im embarrassed to even say anything but it seems since my surgery I have underarm odor...I used to wear secret deorderant  the gel kind, then the white stick kind...so recently I bought the new degree spray deodorant...   whenever I try to smell my arm pit I can smell some of the deodernt but just a hint of BO....could it be a change in mt eating habits?  or the vitamins we take?   I know my pee is more yellow bc of  some meds....this is really embarrassing  I am a clean person  :)    any advice?

RNY 1/19/15   SW 238  CW 169 GW ??

jessicatheresa
on 3/13/15 2:02 pm
RNY on 04/09/15 with

try using any brand clinical stength. works best

Emiepie
on 3/13/15 2:12 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

I had a very sensative nose after my surgery-very similar to when I was pregnant but it got better after awhile. I use the Mitchum deodorant and love it! 

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

KimNC
on 3/13/15 9:55 pm

Thank you for posting this question! I have had the same problem and am completely disgusted by it. I am going to try the suggestions from the other posters to see if that helps.

H.A.L.A B.
on 3/14/15 12:56 am

There are 2 things that i used to deal with:

Supper sensitivity to any smell

Begging on ketosis - ads you rapidly losing weight- may cause BO and bad breath and taste in your mouth..

I used to take shower 2-4 times a day, and change clothes.  It gets better eventually. Drinking lots of water really helps.  

Peppermint tea helps with the breath And taste.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Tina912
on 3/14/15 6:06 am

Try lemon juice, I used to have body odor in my arm pits and then I saw a video on Youtube where the girl said if you have a problem with that to cut a wedge of lemon or lime and just rub it under your arm.  It really works!  I have found that if I use the lemon after a while you can go days without using anything at all, there is absolutely NO smell!  I liked this method, because I do NOT like how deodorants smell, even the unscented ones.  Before I went to the hospital for surgery, since they tell you not to put any deodorant or lotions on, I made the sure the day before to put my lemon juice on and it held up for that day, the day of surgery and the 2 days I was in the hospital with 0 odor!  Just rub it under your arm and let it air dry, it can be messy sometimes because of the pulp, but I just use a tissue or a towel to wipe it off.  Good luck!

kokosuggs
on 3/14/15 8:53 am

Thank you all for your reply..   I thought it was just me      I'm going to try the Lemon thing  :)

RNY 1/19/15   SW 238  CW 169 GW ??

hollykim
on 3/14/15 9:48 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On March 13, 2015 at 8:54 PM Pacific Time, kokosuggs wrote:

Im embarrassed to even say anything but it seems since my surgery I have underarm odor...I used to wear secret deorderant  the gel kind, then the white stick kind...so recently I bought the new degree spray deodorant...   whenever I try to smell my arm pit I can smell some of the deodernt but just a hint of BO....could it be a change in mt eating habits?  or the vitamins we take?   I know my pee is more yellow bc of  some meds....this is really embarrassing  I am a clean person  :)    any advice?

strong body odor can be a sign of a magnesium deficiency. 

I would start some and make sure my magnesium was checked on my first lab draw.

Pokemom
on 3/14/15 2:59 pm
RNY on 12/29/14

This has been a really interesting thread!  I have also noticed more BO!  And I have also noticed my sense of smell is stronger.  I am so glad to have read all the response and know I am not weird in this.  

selhard
on 3/14/15 11:31 pm - MN
RNY on 11/26/12

I remember reading someone had success wiping their armpits with rubbing alcohol to cut the smell. Maybe worth a try?

Most Active