3 1/2 months out. The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly.

Patm
on 3/20/15 2:32 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

I found a stool softener plus the senekot works when things get backed up. I ease off the senekot but always take the stool softener

molly3613
on 3/20/15 12:02 am - TX
RNY on 01/24/13

Senokot (I take 3 every night) and Smooth Move Tea.  

The Salty Hag
on 3/20/15 12:42 am
RNY on 05/20/13

This may sound counter-intuitive, and please...ask your doc about this first, but stop taking in fiber until your constipation is resolved. Last month, I had a BAD bout of impaction-even though I was still having regular BMs, and my surgeon's partner, who saw me for that particular appointment, told me that adding in fiber while constipated can add bulk to our already hard stools and make it even more difficult to evacuate. She told me once I got the problem cleared out, to slowly add fiber back into my diet. It helped me get things moving.

I had to drink an entire 7 ounce bottle of Miralax as quickly as I could, and then take Miralax twice a day. ( I drank it in about 3 hours because I was worried about overtaxing my body. )

Again, so no one jumps on me for giving medical advice, this is info my doctor gave to me and what worked for me.

I woke up in between a memory and a dream...

Tom Petty

cmspang
on 3/20/15 3:09 am

I actually heard a similar suggestion from a nutritionist once, not to bulk on fiber when having prolonged constipation. DEF see your doc for recs since our plumbing is so different now. 

(deactivated member)
on 3/20/15 12:50 am

I would call your doctor.

SkinnyScientist
on 3/20/15 12:52 am

Ok.  Here we go...

I am not admitting to ANY of this.

1) Squatty potty. A stool to more effectively help you eliminate.  10 years ago, only people who did colonics (more on that later) would consider one. Now it is advertized on talk radio.

2) enema?

3) A colonic (which is sort of like an enema that you pay for..but it goes further up and they inject the water and one can see their lower belly inflate...be careful though because you can perforate your colon).

4) the sal****er flush from master cleanse. A lot of juicers/green smoothie cleansing type people will do this to help them eliminate. It tastes horrible (that is why they stick lemon or caynee pepper in it). Basiclaly you drink very salty water.  This upsets the osmotic balcance of your intestines within 20 minutes to 2 hours and you give yourself raging diaherria. This can be potentially dangerous though due to the salt.

How to prepare The Sal****er Flush

Using 1 liter BPA Free Water Bottle and your teaspoon measure, mix a solution consisting of :

• Sea Salt – 2 teaspoons
  • And Pure Water – 1 quart of warm water

There have been many questions about this process. Many people complain that the SWF doesn’t work for them. This is probably the most common mistake with the master cleanse. I believe it can work for everyone, but there are no absolutes in this world. The key is to adjust the amount of salt in order to create the right solution for your individual needs.

5) try jogging or rebounding (i.e. jumping on a tramopoline for like an hour). I get constipated too so I jog every 3 days (for around 6-9 miles). The next morning..I am pooping.

But I swear I havent done 1-4 EVER. And if I WERE to have done #4 (which I havent) I would never do it again because it:1) tasted do gross I would have wanted to puke 2) would have caused EXPLOSIVE elimination and 3) would left me VERY bloated for a week.  Well, at least I IMAGINE it did.

RNY Surgery: 12/31/2013; 

Current weight (2/27/2015) 139lbs, ~14% body fat

Three pounds below Goal!!! Yay !  

cspotrun
on 3/20/15 8:43 am
RNY on 07/01/14

Love your active imagination!

Karen   

Zonechef
on 3/20/15 11:00 am
RNY on 12/03/14

WOW!!Great advice on some interesting methods-That you NEVER EVER did. . Thank you SS.

NYMom222
on 3/20/15 1:19 am
RNY on 07/23/14

Not sure which iron you are taking, or what is in your multi.... I have seen posted on here about a type of iron that doesn't cause so much constipation. I am struggling with this too.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Dodgergirl27
on 3/20/15 1:20 am
RNY on 01/22/14

I was having horrible constipation as well (including a trip to the ER where I was given a perscription strength supository)...I started taking a probiotic around month 3 (live cultures in the refrigerated section of your health food store, not the powder stuff which didn't help me at all).  I took one every day for about 3 months (well the first week I took 2 a day) and now take one 3 - 4x's week.  Haven't had any problems since!  Probiotics are my miracle pills!

Good Luck!

Most Active
Recent Topics